Jason Culina may move to Scottish giant Rangers

SOCCEROO Jason Culina has been linked with a pound stg. 1million ($2.53million) move to Scottish giant Rangers, where compatriots Craig Moore and Tony Vidmar became household names.

The Glasgow club has lost midfielder Jeremy Clement to Paris St Germain, leaving a void to be filled at Ibrox and Culina is keen to go.

"Rangers are a massive club and, if their interest is genuine, I am flattered," Culina said. "It really is up to the clubs but I would like to play in the UK one day. However, I'm contracted to PSV (Eindhoven) for 18 months and I am committed to the cause."

The 26-year-old is struggling to break into the first team at the Dutch league leader, starting in only a handful of matches this term.

PSV spokesman Pedro Salazar-Hewitt played down the reports, saying no contact had been made between the two clubs.

"I am normally made aware when something like this happens," Salazar-Hewitt said. "This is the first I've heard of it."

Culina's British agent Dean Sheehan said the dogged midfielder would suit the British game.

"If you're asking if Jason is what Rangers need right now then the answer is yes," Sheehan said. "The fans would love him, he'd score goals and fight for everything. (But) any sale is entirely up to PSV."

Australian players have thrived in the Scottish Premiership. As well as Moore and Vidmar - who played 279 games between them at Rangers - Mark Viduka was voted Scottish Premier League player of the year in 1998 after scoring 27 goals in his first full season at Celtic.

Culina was this week named alongside Viduka in a strong 20-man Socceroos squad for next month's friendly against Denmark in London, but is in doubt due to the impending birth of his first child.

Fellow World Cup star Mark Bresciano could also miss the match, as his wife is also expecting their first child around the time of the match.

AAP

Del.

Aussies seem to do not bad these days and no more so that wee Tim Cahill at Everton.

Viduka is flying aswell and Kewell used to be a cracking player at Leeds.

Ive got a good feeling about this chap even though ive never seen him play. But Pete, our Dutch scout, has had good things to say about him.

Aussies seem to do not bad these days and no more so that wee Tim Cahill at Everton.

Viduka is flying aswell and Kewell used to be a cracking player at Leeds.

Ive got a good feeling about this chap even though ive never seen him play. But Pete, our Dutch scout, has had good things to say about him.

I also said Thomas Buffel was a good player but he hasn't hit it off with us.:sigh: