[FT] U20/Development league: Rangers 1-6 Celtic

A bit premature, don't you think? It's not that the first team hasn't suffered such reverses and no-one from the club was or is willing to splash it onto the front of the HP that fast. They are usually rather quick when it comes to the "academy reports", but does anyone really expect them to be willing to instantly report on such desasters? No club does that.

I am sure the youth setup looks fantastic from Berlin, having never seen a Hertha youth team play I wouldn't dream of commenting from Glasgow, as my opinions would be irrelevant.

Two defeats to Hearts and one to Hibs, Ramsdens cup to Raith, defeats to bands of plumbers and joiners at Ibrox all constitute such reverses to me.

Plenty clubs report on every game, including defeats, even heavy ones.

I am sure the youth setup looks fantastic from Berlin, having never seen a Hertha youth team play I wouldn't dream of commenting from Glasgow, as my opinions would be irrelevant.

Two defeats to Hearts and one to Hibs, Ramsdens cup to Raith, defeats to bands of plumbers and joiners at Ibrox all constitute such reverses to me.

Plenty clubs report on every game, including defeats, even heavy ones.

You can spare yourself that sarcasm, as I did not say anything to that end. And the report will sure appear on the HP sooner or later.

Not being sarcastic

Let me get this right, you have never seen any of Sinky's teams play, but you know things ain't that bad ?

I did not say anything to that end. Not within the last 5 months or so.

On a sidenote, the full game was live-texted on the club's twitter account. I would expect the report to appear today or tomorrow. I doubt many would hare after a report of such a defeat. (Which is what I commented about above. No word about the youth set up et al.)

Recruitment isn't the problem a lot of these players are decent players, but are no better than they were 2 years ago their development has stalled. There are talented players in every age group, the 14's and 15's particularly, but once they are under the wings of the senior youth coaches they will be told to "hit the channells" and any notion of passing will stop.

Not a word on the official website so last night didn't happen, if they ignore it, it will go away.

What needs to change ? On the football side everything.

You can go back a few age groups than that too elfideldo. I have had the PLEASURE of watching the U10's and 11's and, trust me, the talent they have in those two age groups is of a very, very high standard. Where I see the problem is when these players move from the Academy to the seniors set up. Things change, and not for the better. Something tells me this is because of the influence that Sinclair has on the youth at Murray Park. Anyone else would have been dismissed long ago for the lack of quality being brought through.

I know from having taken our kids on a residential course to RFC that the work done with the younger kids, on AND off the field, is phenomenal. The coaches know pretty much every kid in the central belt. Interestingly enough as well is that our U11's last season were undefeated against Celtic whilst also having 2 or 3 of our U10's play with the U11's - and not to just make up the numbers either. In fact, in one round of games RFC won all 4 games at U11 against Celtic and it actually caused CFC to have an emergency meeting the following week.

But once Sinclair gets his hands on them......

U14's - is that the team with Billy Gilmour and Mathew Shields (or I think Billy is U14 and Mathew U15 ??) ? I saw Mathew Shields train one night (just coming back from injury) and he was so assured in front of goal you wouldn't believe. So calm.

A bit premature, don't you think? It's not that the first team hasn't suffered such reverses and no-one from the club was or is willing to splash it onto the front of the HP that fast. They are usually rather quick when it comes to the "academy reports", but does anyone really expect them to be willing to instantly report on such desasters? No club does that.

Yes they do. The honest ones do.

You can spare yourself that sarcasm, as I did not say anything to that end. And the report will sure appear on the HP sooner or later.

Sometimes it is better to say nothing at all though dB.

If anyone knows what is going on with our youths it is elfideldo.

As for your utterings about no club putting heavy defeats on their HP - that is nonsense. Plenty of teams do it. It is called informing your fan base (wait.... I see a theme there for Rangers...)

Sometimes it is better to say nothing at all though dB.

If anyone knows what is going on with our youths it is elfideldo.

As for your utterings about no club putting heavy defeats on their HP - that is nonsense. Plenty of teams do it. It is called informing your fan base (wait.... I see a theme there for Rangers...)

I'm honestly at a loss what a) elfideldo is wanting and b) why you need to get in here either.

The game was Tuesday evening. It is Wednesday afternoon and it was elfideldo bemoaning that a youth game report is not being on the HP in the morning? I'm not sure how our media department is staffed right now, but there's a game coming up and no-one is actually looking to post on somesuch instantly. It was me only saying that there is no need to have a go at the club for not having a report up back then.

It IS right now. Wednesday afternoon. Whether a 5-0 win or 1-6 reversal ... for a youth game soon enough. Maybe I'm mistaken, this one did not come not sooner or later than their usual reports.

As far as I am aware, I have not said a word about a) our youth development or b) elfideldo's reports and knowledge these last 5 or so months.

Edited by der Berliner

I accept they did put a report up eventually which is pretty unusual, for the previous three games they tailored mine.

It was put up with a time of 2100hrs on Tuesday on the article.

However it didn't go up on the site at that time.

It was post-dated, the effect is to reduce exposure and lessen views by never having it as a top headline.

Whether the recent redundancies and cost-cutting have any effect on this, I don't know.

Edited by buster.