Only that football time and again does not go "according to plan". Chances are that we get a right good doing. Whether that happens remains to be seen though. Morton were expecting a doing, as was Ross County (twice). Did not happen. Nor were Cambridge hammered or Bradford torn apart, despite being peasants compared to the respective EPL side's "might". To ignore that or casting it aside is simply ignoring the facts and history.

You didn't even mention Celtic in your opening post so now you're just changing your argument. You're perhaps also not the best person to give lectures in ignoring facts and history.

You didn't even mention Celtic in your opening post so now you're just changing your argument. You're perhaps also not the best person to give lectures in ignoring facts and history.

I'll ignore the unnecessary snide remark and point to the facts. Not changing any argument. Upsets they were all, much like Berwick's defeat of us, Greece snatching the European title and countless cup games all over Europe. Football does not always work according to "plan". As Chelsea and ManC found out.

I'll ignore the unnecessary snide remark and point to the facts. Not changing any argument. Upsets they were all, much like Berwick's defeat of us, Greece snatching the European title and countless cup games all over Europe. Football does not always work according to "plan". As Chelsea and ManC found out.

I thought you had found sense but here we are back again. I won't waste any more of my time.

Only that football time and again does not go "according to plan". Chances are that we get a right good doing. Whether that happens remains to be seen though. Morton were expecting a doing, as was Ross County (twice). Did not happen. Nor were Cambridge hammered or Bradford torn apart, despite being peasants compared to the respective EPL side's "might". To ignore that or casting it aside is simply ignoring the facts and history.

Your opening post talked about us playing poorly, nothing to do with the one off game against THEM on Sunday.

If you think that a comparison can be drawn between a ONE-OFF game where Chelsea put out a 2nd-string team or any of the other bigs that got beat on the weekend and the continual dirge that is served up, masquerading as a Rangers team then have fun. But, as SBS says, there is absolutely NO COMPARISON that could be made. None.

It's a Funny Old Game, isn't it? ... was the headline, craig. Given the results that spring up time and again, be it in England, in Scotland or in Europe, all the talk about superior players, big transfer fees and sky-high wages (compared to the opposition) may mean next to nothing in a one-off game. Did I say anything else? Yet, if you ask for comparisons that SBS can't (or rather does not want to) see, cast you eyes ahead a couple of days and see the might of Hooped Glasgow with all its CL players and leading the way in Scottish football. Then look at our excuse of a team. Then you get your one-off game that might go utterly according to plan, or end up "funny" like the Morton game.

While I am at it, we essentially had one-off games for these last two-and-a-half-seasons on a weekly basis, whether in the league or in the cups. Every time these plummers and postmen (of which quite a few were and are actually former SPL or at least professional footballers) gave and give it their all to beat us, i.e. Rangers FC. Their once in a lifetime chance to play us, a team that was in a European Cup Final not that long ago, a team that may spot a bit of talent out there and actually sign one of the players we were up against (Clark?). The team that the likes of Hearts and Hibs will want to beat as long as we are not anywhere where we used to be. A team full of players that simply is not of a standard that most of us envisage in a Rangers shirt. Any goal these people will score will be cherrished for generations to come. You can see by their respective other results how far they raised their game against us, time and again. And how difficult it proved to play any sort of decent football 24/7 against this opposition. Aside from the already mentioned fact that most of our players were and are simply not up for that challenge 24/7, whether they wore the Gersey or were paid sky-high wages compared to our opposition.

Regarding Chelsea's "second string"

Czech ( £7m)

Christensen (FT) - Zouma (£12m) - Cahill (£7m) - Azpilicueta ( £7m)

Ramires (£19m) - Oscar ( £19,35m) - Mikel ( £16m) - Salah (£11 m)

Drogba (FT) - Remy ( £10,5m)

plus Fabregas, Willian, Hazard.

The thing is these smaller clubs come out and give their all for 90+ minutes and chase every ball not giving the bigger teams a chance to play football.

Personally I don't think we are capable of that.

The thing is these smaller clubs come out and give their all for 90+ minutes and chase every ball not giving the bigger teams a chance to play football.

Personally I don't think we are capable of that.

Very much so. There is so much wrong at the club from top to bottom that is utterly unreal. As the saying goes, if class lacks effort, effort beats class. We have professionals at the club you probably don't even know how to spell effort.

Very much so. There is so much wrong at the club from top to bottom that is utterly unreal. As the saying goes, if class lacks effort, effort beats class. We have professionals at the club you probably don't even know how to spell effort.

So why are you stil making excuses about 'one off games' if you know full well why we have been so awful?

So why are you stil making excuses about 'one off games' if you know full well why we have been so awful?

Because there are people like you running about with e.g. the silly "excuse" club. And, while I am at it and speaking to Mr. "It is all down to us" once again, let me to tell you (again) that football is sure not just about one team and one set of players and one manager. Never has been, never will be.

Edited by der Berliner

Because there are people like you running about with e.g. the silly "excuse" club. And, while I am at it and speaking to Mr. "It is all down to us" once again, let me to tell you (again) that football is sure not just about one team and one set of players and one manager. Never has been, never will be.

If our problems are not our own doing then whose are they? The opposition for trying too hard? The only one offs we have had in the past few years are the ones we performed well in.

You seem to understand now that the board, team and management are inept so perhaps it is best to focus on that rather than your fantasy excuses.