Imagine trying to justify building a 12o feet high extension at the back of a house in Glasgow by claiming your local council in South Africa are fine with you doing it there and you have a letter saying so…

That appears to be the logic Dave King is trying to apply with his letter from SARS saying he is OK to be a director of a SA company.

Someone should explain to Dave about the small matter of appropriate territorial authority. SARS is not HMRC and it is not the London Stock Exchange. Neither is it the SFA. These bodies have their own rules which must be adhered to.

It’s all a bit embarrassing for King supporters who have been writing off King’s notorious SARS trials by inferring it is “only” South Africa – as if South African justice is of the Mickey Mouse variety. Well, that works both ways, unfortunately for King devotees. If being guilty in a South African court is meaningless, then so is a letter from SARS, whose rules King contravened.

The point is very simple. Dave King must prove his suitability to pass fit and proper tests over his proposed directorial role at Ibrox with all appropriate authorities and he should do so NOW.

This is not just my opinion. I spent this morning in a meeting with other Rangers fans – season ticket holders and shareholders included.

All were saying the same thing. King MUST prove he is fit and proper. Particularly in reference to the specific points contained in the board statement concerning the EGM.

Of course, there is the possibility that the EGM may not happen within the time frame anyway, thanks to malcontents in the support threatening to turn it into a farce.

How ironic that those who desperately want King in are responsible for at the least delaying it happening.

How strange that these King supporters do not want the questions over his suitability to be a UK PLC director to be raised, let alone answered. Surely a positive thumbs up from the LSE and SFA would be a massive boost to his/their cause?

I keep hearing from these supporters that the majority of Rangers fans now back King. I would dispute this but even if it is the case, the lesson of history should teach us here.

I remember when the majority of Rangers fans thought Sir David Murray could do no wrong.

I also remember when the majority of Rangers fans backed Craig Whyte. Admittedly, I was one of them.

If history teaches us anything, it is that the majority of Rangers fans can get it spectacularly wrong.

When it comes to Rangers, sometimes we are better listening to the voices crying in the wilderness than the ones at the heart of the parade.

It’s easy to go with the flow and be swept along by everybody else.

But you only earn the right to think when you do it for yourself.

And when you ask the questions people don’t want you to ask.

Here is a wee pointer to get you started:

Ask yourself why they don’t…

Unbelievable.....:facepalm: :facepalm:

He claims that the fans/shareholders will turn the egm into a farce.....I'm sorry, but the board are already well ahead on that front!!!!

Edited by Darthter

Did Bill and his pals ever actually set up the forum for 'loyal' Rangers fans he was blogging about last year or is the RSL just charging a membership fee to be in their wee gang?