Llambias 'attacked' in Glasgow bar

Rangers chief executive Derek Llambias ATTACKED in Glasgow bar as fan hostility continues

22:30, 14 February 2015

By Alan Oliver

Llambias was approached by a man believed to be a Rangers supporter, with fans furious at how their club is now being run

Rangers chief executive Derek Llambias was attacked in a Glasgow city-centre bar this week, writes Alan Oliver in the Sunday People.

Former Newcastle MD Llambias was sitting alone when he was approached by a man believed to be a Rangers supporter.

A source in Scotland told People Sport: “Llambias was minding his own business when he was approached by this man. At first there was a lot of shouting but then there was a bit of pushing and shoving.”

And a source close to Llambias said: ”It is the second time this has happened to Derek in a hotel bar in Glasgow.

“Neither Derek nor Mike Ashley can understand why there is hostility to the new set-up at Rangers. They want to rebuild Rangers into a strong and exciting team capable of challenging Celtic again and being a force in Europe again but it must be on the back of a strong financial position similar to the one they implemented at Newcastle United.”

Llambias was never afraid to sit in bars and talk to Newcastle fans in his time at St James’ Park although the supporters did not always agree with his views.

Llambias and the Daily Record have also had a difference of opinion this week, resulting in Scotland’s leading newspaper being banned from Rangers matches.

Fans of the fallen giant are still coming to terms with the acquisition of five players on loan from Newcastle.

However Llambias has denied that caretaker boss Kenny McDowall is under instructions from the board to play the Newcastle loanees.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rangers-chief-executive-derek-llambias-5166078

^ ^

Part in bold is the same that I quoted on the previous page, although it ends differently. The source must have been speaking in tongues and the reporter just added their own bit to the end. :sneaky:

Oh sorry, i meant 'source' and 'reporter'.

just for clarity .

its because your puppet master has purposefully financially destabilised the club to maximise his negotiating position when stripping the club of its largest revenue streams while stripping our footballing infrastructure to lower costs in an effort to paper over the missing incomes that he took for free all the while hiding in the shadows using pr companies and patsy ceo's as a distraction.

and breath...

Edited by trublusince1982

just for clarity .

its because your puppet master has purposefully financially destabilised the club to maximise his negotiating position when stripping the club of its largest revenue streams while stripping our footballing infrastructure to lower costs in an effort to paper over the missing incomes that he took for free all the while hiding in the shadows using pr companies and patsy ceo's as a distraction.

and breath...

I think elsewhere has influenced you. This never happened.

I think elsewhere has influenced you. This never happened.
dont think it happened either what made you think i did?

the quoted was in reference to the comment about them not understanding the fans anomosity.

that all being said if it did happen not that i think it did I wouldnt lose a second of sleep over it. As I have said before fight fire with fire. It in my opinion is to all our shame that the board can enter Ibrox to continue the destruction free of fear.Same goes for walking around glasgow as if they have not a care in the world.

dont think it happened either what made you think i did?

the quoted was in reference to the comment about them not understanding the fans anomosity.

that all being said if it did happen not that i think it did I wouldnt lose a second of sleep over it. As I have said before fight fire with fire. It in my opinion is to all our shame that the board can enter Ibrox to continue the destruction free of fear.Same goes for walking around glasgow as if they have not a care in the world.

I thought you were trying to justify the 'attack', though presumably you meant the hostility.

Police Scotland investigate threats by fans against Rangers board members

Derek Llambias: Threatened in a Glasgow bar by Rangers fans

Police Scotland are investigating allegations that Rangers chief executive Derek Llambias and financial director Barry Leach were subjected to threats and intimidation.

The incident, which happened in a Glasgow bar last week, involved a handful of Rangers supporters.

It's the second such confrontation to have been reported in the last month, as fan unrest with the Rangers board continues.

It is understood no assault took place, but Police Scotland are believed to be aware of the identity of those alleged to have been involved.

Rangers have not commented on the incident.