Derek Parlane interview

The Hall of Fame Board is up front and central as you ascend the marble staircase. It is abundantly clear that it is a MEMORIAL to the GREATS that have played for our Club. For anyone to call it "this board" shows the contempt in which they hold the Club.

It is far more than "just a board" pete.

The Hall of Fame Board is up front and central as you ascend the marble staircase. It is abundantly clear that it is a MEMORIAL to the GREATS that have played for our Club. For anyone to call it "this board" shows the contempt in which they hold the Club.

It is far more than "just a board" pete.

Personally I don't think it is worth getting our knickers in a twist over. We have no idea in what context it was said. Is it Parlane's or Leach's words. Personally I can see myself phoning a mate up and saying "Hey there is an old piece of wood hanging here on the wall with your name on it" Leach done worse things than that lets hope he gets his comeuppance for these things.

I have no idea what board is meant or what the HofF board is. I really just said Blue room without any knowledge of what lies where. I did have a tour of Ibrox once but I believe it may be 45-50 years ago. The Trophy room and the view from the press box high up under the roof of the main stand are the only things I can really remember. I also remember walking from the kick-in area out the tunnel on to the park of course.

Might have been best to simply ignore the post then.

Might have been best to simply ignore the post then.

I don't see why to be honest. I don't see what is wrong with a guy saying I see your name on the board here wherever it is hung. I see it as more of a compliment to Parlane that he specially phones him up to tell him he is looking at it. That some people are hung up about giving it it's full and proper name is their prerogative.

I don't know who is playing Centre forward at the weekend, does that mean I can't discuss it? it is only my opinion I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

I don't see why to be honest. I don't see what is wrong with a guy saying I see your name on the board here wherever it is hung. I see it as more of a compliment to Parlane that he specially phones him up to tell him he is looking at it. That some people are hung up about giving it it's full and proper name is their prerogative.

I don't know who is playing Centre forward at the weekend, does that mean I can't discuss it? it is only my opinion I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

You don't see why to be honest?

I have no idea what board is meant or what the HofF board is.

That is what I replied to and why I suggested perhaps you should have ignored it. Granted, I now see why you don't see why.

Remember Derek scoring 5 goals in one game against Dunfermline i think it was 1974?

Good memory mate - 12th October 1974 in a 6-1 v the Pars with DJ scoring the other goal!