Paul Murray congratulates the Record !!!

I do very much hope that the new regime will tackle Scottish journalism head on. We have suffered these last four years and the DR was playing its part, no matter the "good" or actually impartial journalistic work they also (sic!) did. If James Traynor is back in the fold, he should be advised to take a stern look with regards to this. Likewise, the RFB, if re-established, should demand a revision of our media dealings.

So do you hate Traynor as well or is he ok now?

So do you hate Traynor as well or is he ok now?

I "hate" neither the DR nor Traynor. The latter knows a lot of what happened in the media back then and up till now. He like everyone else has had his shortcomings. Matter of fact, I do not actually care who will do this job at Ibrox, but as long as the media is telling lies and half-truth about us on nigh every department, the club should react accordingly. And as I pointed out before, I do not speak of black & white measures, but declaring certain undesirable people persona non grata would be a start. Scrote, Spiers, Keevins, Delahunt and Co. should get no place at Ibrox or Auchenhowie. Their employers can send different people and if they fail to live up to their journalistic duties, they should be stopped as well. The pendulum swings both ways. We do not look for "positive propaganda only", but reasonable and impartial journalism.

Not sure why you think there is a strong chance we will lose the big tax case, nothing new has been presented since we won on the last two occassions. More likely the appeal will go on and on as they do not want to pay back the clubs who came to settlements with them before the test case came to fruition.

Cant critize them for Whyte! are you kidding? They were the ones who told us he had "wealth off the radar"!

a snapshot of DR claims in regards to whyte

"Financial whizzkid Craig Whyte stands on the brink of pulling off the biggest deal of his life...

Record Sport understands self-made billionaire Whyte has entered into the final stages of negotiations to buy control of the club he loves from Sir David Murray...

A deal worth around £30million is now believed to have reached such an advanced stage that sources say Whyte, a high-roller who splits his time between a home in London and the idyllic Castle Grant in Grantown-on-Spey, could even have the keys to Ibrox in time to fund a major refurbishment of Walter Smith's top-team squad in January...

By the age of 26, Whyte was already Scotland's youngest self-made millionaire. Now, 13 years on, and in charge of a vast business empire, his wealth is off the radar."

who needs facts when you can just claim sources ehh?

you can call it petty all you like but journalism should be held to a higher standard than sensationalist crap with the sole intention of antagonising to sell.

i agree they helped king and co remove the board but it does not excuse their previous behaviour, that will no doubt continue. That being said do you think that is what newspapers should do? align themselves with this camp or that camp to pursue a personal grievance? what happens next time when the camp they join is against our wishes, still okay?

How about a newspaper that reports facts leaving the reader to come to their own conclusions, instead of their opinion hidden behind fake claims of unidentified sources.

not seen anything on it today but I assume they have lead with the "Guidetti sectarian singing" since they have stated their disapproval of such things quite clearly when it involves our half? Long may the honest and fair treatment continue.:roflmao:

I already mentioned the original nonsense about his wealth. That was the specific article and they soon changed their tune. Newspapers printing nonsense being fed by us isn't exactly a new concept. Look at all the supposed war chests we've had over the years, which never came to fruition. Or bids for players like Claudio Pizarro in 2007 who we clearly had real intention of signing. The fact is Murray, Whyte and Greenco all fed the papers shit for years. The DR took a stand and the fact you seem offended that they sided against Greenco suggests you lack objectivity in this agenda you have.

A newspaper that reports facts? I'm pretty sure that's what they have been doing. And I couldn't care less what a Celtic player said on twitter.

I "hate" neither the DR nor Traynor. The latter knows a lot of what happened in the media back then and up till now. He like everyone else has had his shortcomings. Matter of fact, I do not actually care who will do this job at Ibrox, but as long as the media is telling lies and half-truth about us on nigh every department, the club should react accordingly. And as I pointed out before, I do not speak of black & white measures, but declaring certain undesirable people persona non grata would be a start. Scrote, Spiers, Keevins, Delahunt and Co. should get no place at Ibrox or Auchenhowie. Their employers can send different people and if they fail to live up to their journalistic duties, they should be stopped as well. The pendulum swings both ways. We do not look for "positive propaganda only", but reasonable and impartial journalism.

Is there a specific article in recent months that offended you? The DR at least did far more good than the fans who were happy to defend the succession of thieving board(s) until the last minute.

I already mentioned the original nonsense about his wealth. That was the specific article and they soon changed their tune. Newspapers printing nonsense being fed by us isn't exactly a new concept. Look at all the supposed war chests we've had over the years, which never came to fruition. Or bids for players like Claudio Pizarro in 2007 who we clearly had real intention of signing. The fact is Murray, Whyte and Greenco all fed the papers shit for years. The DR took a stand and the fact you seem offended that they sided against Greenco suggests you lack objectivity in this agenda you have.

A newspaper that reports facts? I'm pretty sure that's what they have been doing. And I couldn't care less what a Celtic player said on twitter.

Bit lost if they report facts how can they regurgitate shit they are fed?

Have absolutely no idea where you get the idea i support green or dislike the paper for that stance. If you knew anything of me or my posting history you would laugh at that conclusion. For clarity....

I have been very loud and vocal against green from way back well before everything came out. I was one of the first to say he was working for MA and still stick with that claim. As for king and co I was very happy to see them get in as they are the far lessor of two evils. I quite like King his persona and frank talk suit me perfectly. My first thought the other day when listening to his interview at the airport was" that is how I expect a Rangers chairman to sound". Obviously his tax issues are a problem and hard to ignore same as the conclusion from the south african judge. All in will give him the time and the same scrutiny as those before him( he might get a bit more scrutiny as that seems to be how we act when facing Rangers people if being honest). I wish he would stick around instead of going back to SA. Would far prefer him than PM working on his behalf.

Paul Murray i have no time for. He does not come across as Rangers chairman material(even interim) and leaves me with several worries for his stewardship. Mostly around the club returning to old habits of over paying people for roles based entirely on the fact they are "good guys" while running the football side to our old model of buying with no foresight and making losses when selling. I worry he will also bring in the fractions within the support in some misplaced belief they represent the greater supports thinking.That being said these worries are completely different than the worries held against previous board members and are far lower on the consequence scale(not even comparable to each other). They are more worries of the path forward than of the club being stripped for others profit. I have no worries that every move PM makes will be in the belief he is doing what is best for the club.

gilligan- i really like. Have not meet him previously(i don't think) though i know several people who have had lots of dealings with him and they all talk very highly of his ability and love for the club. His obvious pride witnessed yesterday is infectious and leaves me smiling. Hope he goes on and has a very successful career at the club.

Douglas park- again a good guy, no real worries with him being in place he has always had Rangers at the front of his mind. My only concern which is not a real concern is he always came across to me as part of a group within Rangers who all have similar beliefs that don't align perfectly with my own. I see him and PM agreeing on most things, would have liked to see someone with fresh ideas along side these two. fresh ideas as how to run the football side of things that is, business wise no problems what so ever.He will always work in the best interests of the club as he sees them.

As for celtic player on twitter, not on twitter, he sang the H***s are deed on dutch TV. Is just a small example of the editorial bias common place at the daily record and bbc scotland.

Edited by trublusince1982

Is there a specific article in recent months that offended you? The DR at least did far more good than the fans who were happy to defend the succession of thieving board(s) until the last minute.
The Daily Record has regularly thrown our fans under a bus while ignoring what is often worse behaviour from Celtic fans.

I don't really understand your determination to keep defending them by having a pop at your fellow supporters.

Jeez, it didn't take long for some to find something to have a go at Paul Murray about, did it.

Rangers have been fucked sideways by people actually inside the club for years and some couldn't bring themselves to criticise them. Day one and Paul Murray get's his collar felt for speaking to a newspaper. Good to see you've got your priorities right...