Fans Board Article in the Herald

Yesterday, Dave King told us that we're going to have a tough couple of years. After the three years we've just endured, that's like warning someone who's being hauled off a sinking ship in the middle of the ocean that the lifeboat may be a little damp.

quote of the year

got to agree with andy but.

A very well written piece.

But I won't forget that some members of the RFB were virulently anti-Sos, UoF etc to an extent McMurdo would have been proud of. They were happy enough to see BH kicked off - I may not agree with much of what BH posts, but that should have been a tipping point and it wasn't, because members put their and his personality before the club.

The only thing I want to see out of the RFB is FS co-opted as technical adviser for disability issues (I had no idea things were so bad, as usual we care little about what doesn't affect us) - that apart its history and, tbh, miniscule mandate, mean its a goner for me.

Moving forward as one is a no in your eyes then?

i think they made the rfb frankly

the irony is greenco removed the wrong man from the board they should have removed the rest and left you and acd

I don't want to keep coming across like ACD's spokesperson but you're completely off the mark here as far as the events of the last few weeks are concerned

It would have been appreciated if the good reverend had expressed the same sentiments when I was removed but he allowed personalities to get in front of his judgement, which is surprising for someone of his calling.

Tom Johnstone is an articulate, clever and thoughtful person. It is unfortunate that his location and job did not allow him to participate more in the work of the RFB.

However, I have to disagree with him that the final nail in the coffin was the letter to which he refers. IMO it was the silly and provocative inclusion of Mr Leach's comments about T3B in the Minutes of the last meeting. Whoever was responsible for that effectively terminated the RFB.

The reverend hated the reprobates that you championed so why would he stick up for you?