Attendances are always tickets sold though aren't they?

not really.

Cops and emergency services would need the actual numbers in the ground

There looked like about 40.000 in the ground to me but I was in the main stand and couldn't see the club deck from there

Ibrox would've been packed on Saturday if we were still in the title race, but Ally, Kenny and their overpaid squad of imposters have completely blown the season to the point where even getting promoted via play-offs is looking highly unlikely.

We've obviously still got a chance of promotion, but it's only a slim one and with no meaningful silverware on offer the harsh reality is that the season is a failure.

I do wish we'd stop using that word ("imposter"). They are not bad players. Yes, they are not of the standard we expect, but they are decent players. I think the main problem has been that they have not been managed or coached correctly. We've seen under McCall a real improvement. If they were - and i'll admit they have not done it too often - to work their socks off for 90 minutes it wouldn't necessarily give us success because there has been no direction. A runner that conserves and directs his energy is going to perform better than one that expends it all with no direction (apologies for the poor analogy!).

Anyway, back to the thread. I agree the season is a failure which is probably a big factor in lower attendance. I suppose the proof will be next year - whatever league we are in.

I do wish we'd stop using that word ("imposter"). They are not bad players. Yes, they are not of the standard we expect, but they are decent players. I think the main problem has been that they have not been managed or coached correctly. We've seen under McCall a real improvement. If they were - and i'll admit they have not done it too often - to work their socks off for 90 minutes it wouldn't necessarily give us success because there has been no direction. A runner that conserves and directs his energy is going to perform better than one that expends it all with no direction (apologies for the poor analogy!).

Anyway, back to the thread. I agree the season is a failure which is probably a big factor in lower attendance. I suppose the proof will be next year - whatever league we are in.

Decent is quite subjective. Most of our players are probably league 1/league 2 standard, if that.

Above all else these players have not demonstrated with us that they are in any way 'decent', regardless of the reasoning for that.

It's certainly true though that the awful two managers we have just had have made them look 10 times worse.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

We also beat three SPL teams in the cup this season when we were rank rotten, including gubbing Killie 3-0. With a decent manager in place and money spent in the correct places, we would have absolutely nothing to fear against Aberdeen and Dundee United next season.

Who would be a decent manager for us?

Decent is quite subjective. Most of our players are probably league 1/league 2 standard, if that.

Above all else these players have not demonstrated with us that they are in any way 'decent', regardless of the reasoning for that.

It's certainly true though that the awful two managers we have just had have made them look 10 times worse.

There is a degree of subjectivity, but there is also a degree of objectivity: these players are of a standard irrespective of how they have performed. Boyd has been rotten since returning, but nevertheless Kilmarnock - a team that play in a league above us! - are interested. Boyd is a decent player, but just hasn't shown it with us this year, which could be said of most players.

Moreover, like someone else said: we have beaten SPL teams over the last couple of times. How could we have done that with league1/league2 players? One-off game maybe, but we've done it a couple of times.

There is a degree of subjectivity, but there is also a degree of objectivity: these players are of a standard irrespective of how they have performed. Boyd has been rotten since returning, but nevertheless Kilmarnock - a team that play in a league above us! - are interested. Boyd is a decent player, but just hasn't shown it with us this year, which could be said of most players.

Moreover, like someone else said: we have beaten SPL teams over the last couple of times. How could we have done that with league1/league2 players? One-off game maybe, but we've done it a couple of times.

Oh no! Please don't mention Boyd or we will be on to a 500 pager.:facepalm::)