There is a degree of subjectivity, but there is also a degree of objectivity: these players are of a standard irrespective of how they have performed. Boyd has been rotten since returning, but nevertheless Kilmarnock - a team that play in a league above us! - are interested. Boyd is a decent player, but just hasn't shown it with us this year, which could be said of most players.

Moreover, like someone else said: we have beaten SPL teams over the last couple of times. How could we have done that with league1/league2 players? One-off game maybe, but we've done it a couple of times.

It was me who said we have beaten SPL teams. I don't doubt most of our players are or were SPL level, what I'm getting at is that doesn't necessarily mean they're 'decent'. By league 1/league 2 I was meaning England. The Scottish leagues are so poor - we need to aim a lot higher than that for the future.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I do wish we'd stop using that word ("imposter").

It's not a word I use loosely or liberally, so I think it's worth looking at it in the context of what I said as a whole.

When it was said is also quite relevant because you quoted something I said a month ago back on 16 March when using that particular term did actually seem quite appropriate in a certain context. The players had thrown in the towel, weren't giving maximum effort and were more worthy of the term 'imposters' at that particular time than they were worthy of wearing the jersey. We had drawn 4 games in a row, only won 1 game in our last 8 and had only picked up 7 points from 18 with 1 win, 4 draws and a loss over 6 league games.

A few more performances like today & the crowds will return.

I didn't think today's performance was that good and I'm surprised the crowd was over 30,000. I reckoned about 25,000....something like that

Edited by colinstein

We potentially have only 3 games to go at IBROX to complete our 'journey' (might be 4 depending). Failure in any one of them could spell disaster. We need every Bear behind the team regardless.

Falkirk, then QoS or/and Hibs then Motherwell or Ross County. We need to pack the place for these games and I'm hopeful we will.

I think the crowds won't really return properly till next season where I expect a big uptake on season tickets no matter which league we're in. Of course it will be larger if we're promoted.

That's excludes the play-offs which could be attractive like cup semis and finals.

It's hard to read into the situation but it seems more came back after the new board was installed than after the new manager so for me the boycott wins. However, those boycotting will probably be mostly previous season ticket holders who are not in the habit of buying tickets per game and have probably filled their weekends with other priorities.

I really do expect that to change by next season as both the Old Board and the McCoist factor will be gone. However, thinking about it, I think we'll be looking at nearer 40k than 50k (maybe 35k in the Championship), as a certain "glory hunting" (for want of a better term) contingent will not be back for now for obvious reasons.