Luca Gasparotto gets full International call-up

Friday, 20 March 2015 09:00

Gasparotto Gets International Call

Written by Rangers Football Club

bdd5e73b91e1993e16e4dbff5e155f3e_XL.jpg

RANGERS centre half Luca Gasparotto has been called up to the Canadian Men's National Team to be part of a training camp and two friendlies at the end of March.

Gasparotto is currently on a Development Loan at Airdrieonians where he has played twenty-one times this season combining time at the Airdrie club with training at Murray Park and featuring for the under-20 side.

Canada’s Men’s National Team will have 23-players in camp for a few days of training before two Men’s International Friendlies against Guatemala and Puerto Rico.

The Canadian centre half has been involved with the main squad and youth squads for some time, playing at the Milk Cup in Northern Ireland in 2014 at youth level and recently against England.

Gasparotto will be hoping that he remains in Benito Floro's squad for a summer of competitive action with both FIFA World Cup Qualifiers against Dominica or the British Virgin Islands in June and a CONCACAF Gold Cup campaign in July.

The team will arrive into camp on Sunday 22 March in Orlando, Florida with training beginning the following day. They’ll train for three days before headingto Fort Lauderdale in advance of their first friendly of the camp against Guatemala, which will take place at Lockhart Stadium.

After a day of recovery in Florida, they’ll head to San Juan, Puerto Rico on Sunday 29 March in advance of the game against Puerto Rico that takes place on Monday 30 March at the Estadio Juan Roman Loubriel in Bayamon, PUR.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/item/8857-gasparotto-gets-international-call

McCall was saying earlier that McCulloch is integral for the rest of the season so it will just be more of the same.

I watched that earlier, saying he has vital role and has to lead from the front. :facepalm:

I watched that earlier, saying he has vital role and has to lead from the front. :facepalm:

Didn't see that but mcall must realise that if he fails playing that clown he himself is effectively finished in the fans eyes.

McCall was saying earlier that McCulloch is integral for the rest of the season so it will just be more of the same.

Integral in that he doesnt get a game for the rest of the season? Agreed! :D

Ach well, i can dream.

Obviously a captain is an integral part of any team, but McCall shot down any "undroppable" claim early last night ...

McCall denies McCulloch talk

Rangers manager Stuart McCall has rubbished suggestions that club captain Lee McCulloch is 'undroppable'.

The former Motherwell and Wigan midfielder, who has been playing at the heart of the Championship side's defence this season, has come in for criticism from a number of fans over his performances in recent weeks.

Five successive draws have seen Rangers fall six points behind Hibs in the race for second place, and ahead of Sunday's Sky Live meeting between the sides at Easter Road, McCall has been forced to deny reports McCulloch has a clause in his contract stating he must play if fit.

"Of course the captain is a leader but we need more leaders on the pitch," McCall said. "Going back to my day we had seven, eight or nine captains on the pitch.

"The captain is always important but it doesn't mean to say he is undroppable as was suggested so he needs to lead from the front. But we need to all be captains and take responsibility."

And McCall admits his side face a tough task to halt their recent slide against the division's in-form side at the moment.

Hibs have won all but one of their last nine matches while Rangers have taken three points in just one of their last nine, a run which has seen Alan Stubbs' side assume favouritism in the race for second spot behind Edinburgh rivals Hearts, who can secure the title if results go their way this weekend.

"We know how the three games against them this season have gone," said McCall, who has presided over two home draws - against Livingston and Alloa - since taking over the reins at Ibrox last Friday.

"Hibs have a massive advantage and if we are going to succeed in what our aim is, which, as I say, is getting promoted, then there is no doubt we will be meeting Hibs in a two-legger at some stage.

"So, yes, we have to go and put in a performance. Their confidence is high while ours is a little bit fragile at the moment. But I have seen enough from the other night (a 2-2 home draw with Alloa) and in training this week, that the lads will be ready to go and put a show on.

"Again, as I keep saying, it's easy to talk about it but we've got to do it. But we will be ready."

Football 365

We'll have to see whether he'll drop him straight away or moves him forward to holding midfield et al.

Obviously only a couple of games in since McCall came and promotion is still a blip on the horizon, but I cant see him being with us next season. Whoever is with us next season, MUST focus on the youth. I dont recollect ever seeing Luca play, but having seen Walsh recently, there is probably more than a couple of gems in our youth setup. Youth-wise, Murray Park has been incredibly un-utilised.