Keith Jackson: New Rangers board's financial credibility is on the line...

I'm sure they aren't a prime example of how to be on the Stock Exchange.

Malcolm Murray seemed heavily in favour of listing and having credible institutions involved so its not like it was purely a Greenco gig.

However they are a prime example of how to be on AIM (see post #6).

It's a whole different ball game now compared to the period referred to by MM, you may not have noticed but no credible institution will put a penny in now and that is entirely the result of Greenco's gig.

However they are a prime example of how to be on AIM (see post #6).

It's a whole different ball game now compared to the period referred to by MM, you may not have noticed but no credible institution will put a penny in now and that is entirely the result of Greenco's gig.

No but with a new regime I'm sure we could do with rebuilding credibility with institutions to an extent, fan investment is one thing but will it be enough on it's own?

As I've said previously I don't pretend to know enough to say whether being listed is particularly good or bad, important or unimportant. But I'd have thought getting back on the AIM would be sensible at least in the short term.

It was reported on 5 March that:

King has been given a month to find a new Nomad but talks are already well advanced and it is expected to present no great obstacle.

Business insiders expect the new Nomad to have started due diligence on all potential directors, including King, who has 41 convictions for tax breaches in South Africa but insists there is no barrier to him becoming a member of a UK plc board.

If all goes to King’s plan, a new Nomad should be able to move quickly to restore the parent company’s listing on the AIM market and show existing and potential investors the new board is fit and proper to run a London-listed company.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/battle-rangers-dave-king-jets-5276856

However, it is dressed up, losing the Company's stock market listing, if that were to happen, is not good news.

No but with a new regime I'm sure we could do with rebuilding credibility with institutions to an extent, fan investment is one thing but will it be enough on it's own?

It would take years to rebuild credibility with the institutions and during that period the only source of investment is the fans.

As I've said previously I don't pretend to know enough to say whether being listed is particularly good or bad, important or unimportant. But I'd have thought getting back on the AIM would be sensible at least in the short term.

Personally I never wanted us to be listed and would shed no tears if we become delisted, however in saying that given King's pronouncements re listing, NOMAD et al it would be a huge own goal if he fails to deliver either just as it was an own goal for him to decline to open his wallet and participate in the recent loan.

just to add to this. I emailed Tom Winnifirth and asked him if the rumours of not finding a Nomad were credible. His reply was this

John

It is credible and if it cannot it will be booted off AIM. Is that such a bad thing? Shares can be traded on a market like GXG and RFC saves 250k per annum in costs

just to add to this. I emailed Tom Winnifirth and asked him if the rumours of not finding a Nomad were credible. His reply was this

John

It is credible and if it cannot it will be booted off AIM. Is that such a bad thing? Shares can be traded on a market like GXG and RFC saves 250k per annum in costs

Regardless of that it would be a major blow to King's credibility not just per se but also because he appears to have let it be known that it would be no problem.

Regardless of that it would be a major blow to King's credibility not just per se but also because he appears to have let it be known that it would be no problem.

this will be spun as AIM not accepting King.....whereas the truth is the previous board were so shit and left such a mess that the only Nomad willing to take them was Shackleton, a guy with a history of floating dodgy companies.

It's a reflection on previous boards....not on King

If would appear then that if a NOMAD can't be found, it will be a little embarrassing for Dave King but not necessarily bad news for the club.

I'm fairly sure a good number of us will be quite happy to face the future NOMAD-free.

this will be spun as AIM not accepting King.....whereas the truth is the previous board were so shit and left such a mess that the only Nomad willing to take them was Shackleton, a guy with a history of floating dodgy companies.

It's a reflection on previous boards....not on King

That was I was thinking. And, of course, no matter what King said earlier, he is just one part of that party and if the NOMAD decides that we are not worth the hassle (or any reason one can whip up), it could well have jumped ship. Remember MoJo one day signing for the Yahoos, and the day after he was putting pen to paper for us. Quite a few variables can/could come into play here, no need to envisage the worst as the prime reason.