Keith Jackson: New Rangers board's financial credibility is on the line...

Regardless of that it would be a major blow to King's credibility not just per se but also because he appears to have let it be known that it would be no problem.

Nonsense - WH Ireland has caused the issue here - they left us with a limited time frame to get a new nomad.

IMO King has played the institutional investors. He gathered just enough of their support to ensure victory, I think his long term plan was always to delist to help gain a firm control.

Nonsense - WH Ireland has caused the issue here - they left us with a limited time frame to get a new nomad.

IMO King has played the institutional investors. He gathered just enough of their support to ensure victory, I think his long term plan was always to delist to help gain a firm control.

Thats seems a bit shabby and risky if true. If the institutions switched support away from King again then someone like Ashley or Blue Pitch may stand a chance in calling an EGM.

Whatever views people have on institutions they should be kept on side while they're still here

Thats seems a bit shabby and risky if true. If the institutions switched support away from King again then someone like Ashley or Blue Pitch may stand a chance in calling an EGM.

Whatever views people have on institutions they should be kept on side while they're still here

Ashley's got 9%....couldn't he call an EGM right now if he wanted to ?

Calling it and winning it are different things....he'd need 51%.....so which institutions have got enough shares to achieve that ?

Ashley's got 9%....couldn't he call an EGM right now if he wanted to ?

Calling it and winning it are different things....he'd need 51%.....so which institutions have got enough shares to achieve that ?

I'm not sure of exact mathematics but despite the landslide EGM result the previous board members had about 85% shareholder backing as recently as December so it shows how quickly support can be lost and gained.

Got to laugh at Jackson talking about losing face and credibility. Our sports media eh? As a national institution its on a par with Still Game. Check the 'Ibrox odditorium' 'blazers and brogues' and 'chemical protection suits' crap. Must be difficult convincing yourself that its proper journalism when the market dictates to your boss that cheap digs for the ill need to be included in any piece covering Rangers. Just a shame the club can't copyright writing the way singers get money for songs because the obsessed pound must be outdoing the blue one.

Is it not just a summary of what we already knew. Murray didn't look sure that we would definitely get a nomad in his recent interview. The main reason I wanted us to remain listed is I assumed it was needed for a share issue. Anyone know? The rest of the stuff mentioned about regulatory stuff is unimportant to me. The main thing is that money gets put into the club.

Aye but I don't think their share purchases alone made it a majority against the previous board

I expect they are damn close and getting closer all the time.

Indeed as long as the small shareholders back them they are comfortable.

Say kingco 46 percent.

Others 42 percent

Fans 12 percent.

this will be spun as AIM not accepting King.....whereas the truth is the previous board were so shit and left such a mess that the only Nomad willing to take them was Shackleton, a guy with a history of floating dodgy companies.

It's a reflection on previous boards....not on King

If King cannot find a NOMAD to take him on then it has nothing to do with the old Board but everything to do with King not being acceptbale under AIM Rules.