Give Us The Tools And We'll Finish The Job

was in full agreement then started to waiver at the mention of law then my agreement crumbled to dust with the inclusion of shiels.

think the idea is great but the personnel nowhere near good enough even at this level.

Murdoch, Walsh/Gallagher, ? still need a strong defensive minded centre mid.

Bell

Sinnamon Mcgregor Zaliuskis Wallace

Murdoch ?

Walsh

Gallagher Daly Vuckic

Edited by trublusince1982

was in full agreement then started to waiver at the mention of law then my agreement crumbled to dust with the inclusion of shiels.

think the idea is great but the personnel nowhere near good enough even at this level.

Bell

Murdoch ?

Walsh

Gallagher Daly Vuckic

well i was in agreement with this right up until daly :laugh: good grief.

Bell

Murdoch ?

Walsh

Gallagher Daly Vuckic

Law was never an easy pick for me because, as I mentioned, I don't see him as a destroyer, but I thought he had great energy which you need in there too. I cannot think of any other player we currently have that could play the destroyer role with lots of energy - Gattuso in is prime at Milan.

I like Walsh a lot, but his ability is based on pace, so I don't see him as a creative player as such for the number 10 role; he's a good winger. Again, I cannot think of any other creative player -- with the ball at his feet -- that can thread passes through. I discounted Vuckic (a) because we are not sure whether he'll be here any length of time -- hopefully --, and (b) I don't think he has the deftness of touch or the passing ability to play the number 10 role; he's more individual, with the ability to beat a player and score, rather than one that is going to create chances for others.

I like Walsh and Vuckic a lot, but I see them more as Wingers than central midfield players. Another Caveat would be that I don't think these players I've mentioned are the best to play these roles, but they are certainly the best we have at the minute. My point was not that these guys should be playing these roles, but that we need the roles, along with wingers; central midfield domination and width.

I like the outline of your team. I'd like to see Gallagher and Sinnamon get a chance. And, on reflection, Walsh might not be unable to play that number 10 role: he's quick, got good control, and young enough to learn. I'd certainly like to see a young spine with the time to improve.