Rangers manager Stuart McCall "sickened" by Lee McCulloch boos

Rangers manager Stuart McCall was "sickened" by the Ibrox crowd's booing of Lee McCulloch during the Scottish Championship draw with Falkirk.

The Light Blues captain was at fault for the visitors' second goal through Tom Taiwo, but the home side came back from 2-0 down to rescue a point.

The result caused McCall's side to drop from second to third in the table below Hibernian, who beat Alloa Athletic.

"It was very sad, and I was sickened to hear it at the time," said McCall.

"What did please me was that, after a couple of minutes of it, the supporters then turned it on its head and drowned out the booing with claps. That's what we need as a club - togetherness.

"It doesn't matter what has gone on last week, years ago, months ago, today. It's all about next week and the future.

"The players will need the supporters as much as the supporters need the players."

John Baird turned home Craig Sibbald's corner to hand the Scottish Cup finalists the lead before McCulloch conceded possession and Taiwo added a second.

Haris Vuckic headed one back then Nicky Law kept his cool to calmly steer the ball through a crowded box and into the bottom corner in the fifth minute of stoppage time.

"We put Lee up front near the end and he was denied a goal by another fantastic save from Jamie MacDonald," said McCall.

"If he'd scored, I thought that would have been justice.

"He is an experienced guy who has witnessed the highs and lows, but it's never nice to hear that kind of thing."

Rangers face Hearts at Tynecastle in their final league game of the season, while Hibernian are away to Falkirk.

The team finishing third will face Queen of the South over two legs to decide who meets the division's runners-up in the Premiership play-off semi-final double-header.

The winner will then meet the team finishing second-bottom in the Premiership, again over two legs, with a place in the top flight the prize.

"I think we got what we deserved in the end," McCall added. "To be two goals down with the time left and come back to level was pleasing.

"It's a blow in terms of the league position, but we thought we would have to go to Tynecastle and win. We still have to do that. Obviously if Falkirk perform like they did today, Hibs will have it hard as well."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32470100

Total frustration from the fans, the boob by Jig was just another from him and he deserved it, if it had been say McGregor or Wallace or one of the youngsters they wouldn't have been boo'd, if Mohsni was playing and he done that then he'd have got the treatment McCulloch got, if it was Law he'd have felt the wrath of the supporters, Black if he was on the park making that error he would have got the same abuse, it's because these guys have basically let us down all season and it was such a vital game today.

Total frustration from the fans, the boob by Jig was just another from him and he deserved it, if it had been say McGregor or Wallace or one of the youngsters they wouldn't have been boo'd, if Mohsni was playing and he done that then he'd have got the treatment McCulloch got, if it was Law he'd have felt the wrath of the supporters, Black if he was on the park making that error he would have got the same abuse, it's because these guys have basically let us down all season and it was such a vital game today.

I just can't accept or understand what anyone gains by booing one of your own players!,what does it do?,all rather mopish for me

Booing isn't on. I remember Craig Moore being booed when he was playing midfield and having a horrendous time but its not his fault and not the answer.

However how do fans vent their opinion? Everyone and their Gran knows McCulloch shouldn't be in the starting line up...even more so as a centre half.

I just can't accept or understand what anyone gains by booing one of your own players!,what does it do?,all rather mopish for me

Nothing will ever be gained by it, It's just frustration mate and I can understand why it happened.

Nothing will ever be gained by it, It's just frustration mate and I can understand why it happened.

Maybe so,but it's not for me,each to their own I suppose!,I'm as frustrated as every Rangers fan,I just think it is wrong to boo your own players

While I agree you shouldn't boo players on short term mistakes but how do you show your dissatisfaction at someone you feel has not performed on a regular basis. Personally I would never boo a player but as Bearman said I can fully understand the frustration that caused the supporters to do it. On saying that the only Rangers player I would have booed was Lafferty after his head-but dive against the Aberdeen player. If I was manager it would have been his last game for Rangers.

Rio Ferdinand was a Centre half, Alex McLeish was a centre half, Laurent Blanc was a centre half, Richard Gough was a centre back....Lee McCulloch....

McCulloch was a half decent signing for a left midfield / attacking position....why on earth is he our main centre half at 35 years old? Im the same age as McCulloch and would be embarrassed if I was doing what he is doing. He is ruining himself...he was actually a decent forward.

But booing for being in a shirt shouldn't happen.

While I agree you shouldn't boo players on short term mistakes but how do you show your dissatisfaction at someone you feel has not performed on a regular basis. Personally I would never boo a player but as Bearman said I can fully understand the frustration that caused the supporters to do it. On saying that the only Rangers player I would have booed was Lafferty after his head-but dive against the Aberdeen player. If I was manager it would have been his last game for Rangers.

As I said earlier,boong the team off the pitch after the game I can handle and appreciate,but the booing of Jig whenever he received the ball is not on!,and I agree with every criticism he gets and agree he shouldn't be playing.