Sheffield Wednesday release 11 players including defender Lewis Buxton.

McCabe was man of the match in the 3-2 win over Celtic and was exceptional. I don't think Murdoch is anywhere near that level.

McCabe might have turned out to be a mediocre Championship player but most of our squad would be mediocre league 2 or Conference players.

He was promising, but one game is not enough, even if it was against them. It's not so much his ability that I'm rejecting, but his decision to terminate his contract after just breaking into the first-team. He only played 9 games!

Naw -- like I said: he's made his bed...

He was promising, but one game is not enough, even if it was against them. It's not so much his ability that I'm rejecting, but his decision to terminate his contract after just breaking into the first-team. He only played 9 games!

Naw -- like I said: he's made his bed...

I was the same as you but given what transpired since I don't see how anyone can blame them. Did you expect him to stay and play in the 4th tier? At a critical stage in his career and development? Or did you want us to sell him? Given our track record we would have got half a packet of skittles for him.

The club couldn't afford to keep these players and Green knew that.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Surely after being removed from the "ruinous" Rangers coaching and management, and obviously being allowed to flourish in his natural position, the guy must be a world class player by now?

I was the same as you but given what transpired since I don't see how anyone can blame them. Did you expect him to stay and play in the 4th tier? At a critical stage in his career and development? Or did you want us to sell him? Given our track record we would have got half a packet of skittles for him.

The club couldn't afford to keep these players and Green knew that.

He was 19. I think a few years in our squad would have been beneficial for him and the club. He was a youth player, so he couldn't have been on that much?

I agree when it comes to the more professional players.

Shouldn't we first check how he developed down there?

Nope. I saw enough of him in his short stint in the 1st team at Rangers to know that he would be a stand out again. He won't have lost any of the ability he had at the time. If I had the chance I would have built my team around McCabe - a CM pairing of McCabe and MacLeod would have had me salivating.

He plays the same position as Murdoch -- I think Murdoch is better. Not for me: he's made his bed...

McCabe was a better player than Murdoch by a country mile. He was playing alongside better players, granted - but he also was playing against far, far better players than Murdoch is.

Absolutely no way is Murdoch a better player at this stage of his fledgling career than McCabe was.