Premier League relegation

Sill trying to work out how Hull gave Steve Bruce a new contract. I think they have gone, its between them and Sunderland and both have horrendous fixtures but Sunderlands cup final next week could be enough to save them.

Hull:

Spurs away

Man Utd home

Sunderland:

Leicester home

Arsenal away

Chelsea away

Newcastle

QPR away

West Ham home

I think Sunderland have to beat Leicester to survive. They won't get any points from the other two fixtures. Magpies should just make it. I won't be sad if Hull go down.

Simplistic I know, but I want Hull to stay up for the sakes of Jelavic and Aluko and Newcastle to get relegated so that the poor buggers at least have a chance of starting to get their club back.

If HC go down, Jelavic and Aluko might get transfers to bigger and better clubs such as, well, maybe er, WBA? Quite like the Baggies but not keen on Pulis but he knows how to keep a team safe.

Looks like QPR are also in some bother with the authorities ...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/22707/9844856/qpr-financial-situation-we-explain-why-they-face-a-huge-fine

I have a soft spot for them, but when you see that an EPL team (!) has a 195% wages to turnover ratio, you do start to wonder what the high-ups were thinking. Wouldn't be surprised if Charlie Austin moves on for a typical EPL fee to ease their relegation, but EPL season and parachute money will be pretty big anyway.

If HC go down, Jelavic and Aluko might get transfers to bigger and better clubs such as, well, maybe er, WBA? Quite like the Baggies but not keen on Pulis but he knows how to keep a team safe.

I'd take both or either of them back in a heartbeat. I know their wages would be an issue, but if we offered them 5 year deals at a lower wage, I wonder if they'd bite.

Looks like QPR are also in some bother with the authorities ...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/22707/9844856/qpr-financial-situation-we-explain-why-they-face-a-huge-fine

I have a soft spot for them, but when you see that an EPL team (!) has a 195% wages to turnover ratio, you do start to wonder what the high-ups were thinking. Wouldn't be surprised if Charlie Austin moves on for a typical EPL fee to ease their relegation, but EPL season and parachute money will be pretty big anyway.

Sides like QPR are everything that is wrong with English football. They spend more than Champions League finalists yet would get beaten by just about anyone in the Europa League. Man City are not much better. At least they have some world class players though.

Hull going will do nicely but I fear for Sunderland. They will get nothing against Arsenal and Chelsea except a savage blow to their gd. Magpies will beat the Hammers easily - they're on the beach blowing bubbles. The great lummox, Steve Bruce, has never beaten United. There's always a first time.