Tomorrow's Daily Mail - Rangers show interest in Warburton and Weir

The point also remains that McCall has inherited a sub-standard squad playing sub-standard football by their own admission. He has altered the latter, but can't do much about the former. Sometimes people have to sit back and acknowledge what is actually possible, rather than wishful thinking.

As for McCall not being up to it ... who can tell? How many managers are out there doing well at some clubs but being utter gash at others? Depending on quite a few variables other than just the person. Maybe he way rubbish at Motherwell in his ast games there, but if he does what he needs to do with Rangers, who would deny McCall his go at the gaffer's job because he "failed" at 'Well?

NB: SBS ... just in case, I'm not listening/reading/etc.

Back to playing that card, how mature of you :laugh:. You won't see this then - keeping McCall next season would be an act of absolutely lunacy.

The point also remains that McCall has inherited a sub-standard squad playing sub-standard football by their own admission. He has altered the latter, but can't do much about the former. Sometimes people have to sit back and acknowledge what is actually possible, rather than wishful thinking.

As for McCall not being up to it ... who can tell? How many managers are out there doing well at some clubs but being utter gash at others? Depending on quite a few variables other than just the person. Maybe he way rubbish at Motherwell in his ast games there, but if he does what he needs to do with Rangers, who would deny McCall his go at the gaffer's job because he "failed" at 'Well?

NB: SBS ... just in case, I'm not listening/reading/etc.

As intended McCall has come in and steadied the ship, if we still had McCoist or McDowell I'm not sure we'd even be in the play-offs. That was because the standard was set so low though, getting what what we have out of the championship shouldn't be considered an impossible achievement (if we even do get through these three ties). I like some of what McCall's done but there's plenty I've disliked such as continuing the blind loyalty to McCulloch, there's too many doubts for me to see him being the one long term.

I've actually praised his job at Motherwell plenty of times but that doesn't compare to the track record of the likes of Robinson and Warburton, if we can get manager like that we can't turn them down based on giving McCall the gig on some kind of sentiment.

Edited by simplythebest

I dont buy the substandard squad thing , we are playing in the championship and have players more than good enough for the premiership, the problem is , was and always has been poor management , end off .

I dont buy the substandard squad thing , we are playing in the championship and have players more than good enough for the premiership, the problem is , was and always has been poor management , end off .

It depends what standard you are comparing them to. Are they good enough to have done much better than they did in the lower divisions? Yes. Are they good enough for Rangers FC and to challenge Celtic in the SPL? No, not remotely.

It depends what standard you are comparing them to. Are they good enough to have done much better than they did in the lower divisions? Yes. Are they good enough for Rangers FC and to challenge Celtic in the SPL? No, not remotely.

I agree thats a totally different argument , and until we get back into the spfl , is best left alone IMHO

Well, they are sure good enough from the looks of it and good enough for the Championship, not to mention Division One. When people hare after the manager though, they oftentimes overlook that other managers have and had quite different teams at their fingertips, Rangers managers included. So when they go on about Rangers, they usually talk of a standard quite a few these players never had and will have - going by past teams.

Its most definitely both

we have players who are rancid.

We need a manager who gets teams playing good football. Someone who on a restricted budget coaches young players and brings them through.

Step forward John Hughes

HAHAHA certainly made my day