Rangers-V-Hiberniam

As GS says, the players have to be up for it and we have to get the tactics spot on. IMHO, Hibs (and Motherwell) will be easier to play against (unless the score) as they will nt go the QotS route and if so, probably not as good as the Doonhamers. They usually like "to play" football rather than soaking attacks up and hit on the counter. I'd still go 3-5-2 again, with McGregor, Zaliukas and Wallace making up the back 3. Matter of fact, I would not even mind having Smith there instead of Wallace, as the latter is a better tool going forward. I would also have Vuckic and Miller interchanging positions as attackers, with Hardie staying in the main striker's role.

Bell / Robinson

McGregor - Zaliukas - Smith

Foster - Law - Vuckic - Murdoch - Wallace

Hardie - Miller

You definitely need to swap Smith and Wallace there.

IMHO law and vuckic in the middle won't be strong enough either.

Shields deserves to play as well.

Edited by the gunslinger

You definitely need to swap Smith and Wallace there.

IMHO law and vuckic in the middle won't be strong enough either.

Shields deserves to play as well.

I think Smith is a better defender than Wallace and positions are indeed interchangable. It is a dynamic line-up and a dynamic game, with wallace sure able to cover Smith and vice versa. It is Law and Murdoch in the middle, Vuckic behind the two strikers or interchanging positions with Miller. Shiels deserves a rest, he was rather ineffective yesterday, IMHO. Would have him on the bench, of course.

Edited by der Berliner

I think Smith is a better defender than Wallace and positions are indeed interchangable. It is a dynamic line-up and a dynamic game, with wallace sure able to cover Smith and vice versa. It is Law and Murdoch in the middle, Vuckic behind the two strikers or interchanging positions with Miller.

Far to light in midfield then.

I can't see it being okay even at home.

Ate home I would go.

Bell

Mcgregor zaliuskas wallace

Foster law Murdoch shiels Smith

Vuckic hardie.

Tbh you could play any one of about 4 up front they are much of a muchness. Hardie though has proper pace and deserves a game at least.

If any of the 5 defenders is injured bring in moshni and keep the formation.

Edited by the gunslinger

Ate home I would go.

Bell

Mcgregor zaliuskas wallace

Foster law Murdoch shiels Smith

Vuckic hardie.

Tbh you could play any one of about 4 up front they are much of a muchness. Hardie though has proper pace and deserves a game at least.

If any of the 5 defenders is injured bring in moshni and keep the formation.

Far to light in midfield then.

So you rather have Shiels in midfield who gets shrugged off the ball regularly instead of Miller and/or Vuckic, who are both tougher and IMHO stronger with the ball? How is that supposed to be not as light as my line-up?

Edited by der Berliner

So you rather have Shiels in midfield who gets shrugged off the ball regularly instead of Miller and/or Vuckic, who are both tougher and IMHO stronger with the ball? How is that supposed to be not as light as my line-up?

shiels works much harder I wasn't talking physical weight.

There is no perfect solution I might even bring in Hutton if we were away from home. People hate him though.

His aren't especially strong physically in midfield but they pay 5 in there and have bags of talent and work real hard.

We need to win the battle in there. For me his are the best side we have played this year.

Edited by the gunslinger

Bosshhhh

Looking forward to hearing the predictions on this one. Hibs will be totally up for it. Yet we have just had to play 90 mins from Saturday.

I fancy us though 2-0

Brilliant match preview Gribz! It's good to see you doing one again after so long mate! :fish:

Hibs are no world beaters - in fact they are actually quite shit - however we will need to really improve our performance if we are going to get through these two legs.

IMO we will conceed in both games - so we need goals, but I am extremely concerned about how poor our strikers are performing.

Not particularly confident. Have our players got the bottle and intelligence to deal with Wednesday and Saturday ??? I'm not so sure.

shiels works much harder I wasn't talking physical weight.

There is no perfect solution I might even bring in Hutton if we were away from home. People hate him though.

His aren't especially strong physically in midfield but they pay 5 in there and have bags of talent and work real hard.

We need to win the battle in there. For me his are the best side we have played this year.

Hutton? As long as we have Black or a workhorse like Crawford (or anyone else, including Mohsni), there is no need to have Hutton anywhere near the pitch.