McCall wants to stay!

McCall wants to stay !!! What is it with these management failures that they just cannot accept that they just don't have it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32953667

Rangers: Stuart McCall wants to lead Ibrox club next season

Stuart McCall wants to stay as Rangers manager following a 6-1 aggregate defeat by former club Motherwell in the Premiership play-off final.

The 50-year-old took over from Kenny McDowall in March on a contract until the end of the campaign.

"It's been tougher than probably most people could have imagined," he told BBC Scotland.

"To keep everyone together and galvanise everyone, I think we've done a decent job."

Two defeat by the Fir Park club - who McCall left in November - has consigned Rangers to a second season in the Championship.

Rangers were chasing a two-goal deficit after Thursday's 3-1 first-leg loss at Ibrox, but second-half strikes from Marvin Johnson, Lionel Ainsworth and John Sutton gave Motherwell another comfortable win on Sunday.

"Motherwell were the better team over the two legs without a doubt, but three of the goals are deflections and sometimes you need a bit of lady luck," said McCall.

"If we'd got the first goal with a deflection it'd have been a completely different game.

"We wanted to take it into the last 20-30 minutes, but the first goal kills us."

Rangers reached the play-off final after finishing third in the Championship

The Rangers board now have to decide whether to keep McCall, who has won seven and drawn six of his 17 games in charge.

"I would say my three strengths as a manager are recruiting, improving people and getting the best out of them," added McCall, who won six titles as a player at Ibrox.

"That's what Rangers will need next season, whoever the manager is, and it's a fantastic opportunity for anyone.

"The recruitment's going to be key. My record will show that I can recruit players and improve them and my past record will show that I can get the best out of people.

"The club can do a Hearts [who romped to the Championship title] next season, with the right recruitment and the right coaching.

"Twelve months today, Rangers can be back in the top flight. I've no doubt about that."

Edited by BEARGER

McCall wants to stay !!! What is it with these management failures that they just cannot accept that they just don't have it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32953667

Rangers: Stuart McCall wants to lead Ibrox club next season

Stuart McCall wants to stay as Rangers manager following a 6-1 aggregate defeat by former club Motherwell in the Premiership play-off final.

The 50-year-old took over from Kenny McDowall in March on a contract until the end of the campaign.

"It's been tougher than probably most people could have imagined," he told BBC Scotland.

"To keep everyone together and galvanise everyone, I think we've done a decent job."

Two defeat by the Fir Park club - who McCall left in November - has consigned Rangers to a second season in the Championship.

Rangers were chasing a two-goal deficit after Thursday's 3-1 first-leg loss at Ibrox, but second-half strikes from Marvin Johnson, Lionel Ainsworth and John Sutton gave Motherwell another comfortable win on Sunday.

"Motherwell were the better team over the two legs without a doubt, but three of the goals are deflections and sometimes you need a bit of lady luck," said McCall.

"If we'd got the first goal with a deflection it'd have been a completely different game.

"We wanted to take it into the last 20-30 minutes, but the first goal kills us."

The Rangers board now have to decide whether to keep McCall, who has won seven and drawn six of his 17 games in charge.

"I would say my three strengths as a manager are recruiting, improving people and getting the best out of them," added McCall, who won six titles as a player at Ibrox.

"That's what Rangers will need next season, whoever the manager is, and it's a fantastic opportunity for anyone.

"The recruitment's going to be key. My record will show that I can recruit players and improve them and my past record will show that I can get the best out of people.

"The club can do a Hearts [who romped to the Championship title] next season, with the right recruitment and the right coaching.

"Twelve months today, Rangers can be back in the top flight. I've no doubt about that."

He had a go...but it is clear he doesn't have it. We needed to score goals today, so who does he play up front...Miller and Boyd and how many goals have they scored this year?

get a grip, ffs, man. How can you call McCall a management failure? He inherited a shambles of a team in freefall, and took us to a playoff final. Give him a year with his own players, who play the way he wants them to play and if we don't walk the league next season, then call him a failure.

get a grip, ffs, man. How can you call McCall a management failure? He inherited a shambles of a team in freefall, and took us to a playoff final. Give him a year with his own players, who play the way he wants them to play and if we don't walk the league next season, then call him a failure.

He was a failure at Bradford and Motherwell. He made tactical mistakes and stupid substitutions in his short time with us.

McCall's managerial record is not great. What is there in it to suggest he is the best candidate for the job?

Had he not played for a Rangers would he be considered?

Not great? It's really poor. Sacked from the 4th division in England, 5 straight defeats with Motherwell to take them second bottom, 7 wins in 17 with us.

Absolutely no reason whatsoever to keep him next season. He's a no mark.

the results speak for themselves really.

He was a failure at Bradford and Motherwell. He made tactical mistakes and stupid substitutions in his short time with us.

A failure at Motherwell? His record was 'best of the rest' for three straight seasons outperforming much bigger and wealthier teams, with a club which had no money, during which time he put together a team, the nucleus of which has just given us a 6-1 spanking. I'll admit I don't always agree with his lineups, but then I didn't get us to the play-off final; he did.