Restoration of William Dunlop's Grave

I volunteed to go along on Saturday, to restore the grave that was overgrown(more like a jungle). As you can see below a great effort form the bears that went along.

Thanks as ever go to the founders trail http://www.thegallantpioneers.co.uk/ who gave a guided tour of the cemetery afterwards to show some of the graves of the club's past.

before

20zw80g.jpg

after

Hb9VNjK.jpg

also a nice wee blog written by a young man who traveled from Edinburgh to help.

https://famousglasgowrangers.wordpress.com/

all in all a most rewarding day.

What does it say on the gravestone ?

it's just family markings. there are no Rangers acknowledgements on it.

The next step is to level it up and cement it solid, once done they are going to put stones down to make it look more respectable. There is also a bear who will enhance the letters on the gravestone.

The next step is to level it up and cement it solid, once done they are going to put stones down to make it look more respectable. There is also a bear who will enhance the letters on the gravestone.

Excellent work. Hat off to all involved.

P.S.Do his family know this is all being done.

P.S.Do his family know this is all being done.

I'm not sure there was any next of kin, but I do know for other graves next of kin's permission has been sought.

Next week there is a memorial service at Rosneath for the restoration of Moses McNeill's grave. I believe Rev Stuart McQuarrie and the local minister will be holding some kind of service.