Dave King holds secret talks in bid to ease Mike Ashley's grip on retail deal

Very much doubt it, everything that I can see points to the initial leak coming from the SD side given that PMGB has been used by them (IMO 3rd part spindoctor) frequently and not forgetting the content itself.

It also has it's place within their general MO and current strategy regards the 'dispute'.

To be fair, you would say that. :)

If the article is true, which it looks likely. Then King is trying for change, i wanted it done overnight or the next day after King took control, but you and I don't have any patience.

I'm sure he is trying for change, but what's in it for Ashley?

I'm sure he is trying for change, but what's in it for Ashley?

Quite a lot in my opinion, Sports direct get to keep the merchandise contract (ok at less favourable rates) and continue making good money, Ashley rep take a rise, better working relationship with the support and club.

Quite a lot in my opinion, Sports direct get to keep the merchandise contract (ok at less favourable rates) and continue making good money, Ashley rep take a rise, better working relationship with the support and club.

The merchandise contract still has a 7-year notice period which hasn't been triggered; Ashley has no interest in boosting his rep; and one only needs to look at his history at Newcastle to see that working relationships are not deemed to be a priority.

The merchandise contract still has a 7-year notice period which hasn't been triggered; Ashley has no interest in boosting his rep; and one only needs to look at his history at Newcastle to see that working relationships are not deemed to be a priority.

Can't argue with that, he's a greedy unsympathetic c@nt.

To be fair, you would say that. :)

I'm looking at the question objectively and gave outline reasons as to why I came up with my best guess.

Perhaps you could do similar as to why DK (or close) might like to furnish PMGB with info that looks to damage DK personally and may confuse and dilute the supports attitudes regards the surrounding issues.

Unfortunately, that's my take on it as well.

However, one would hope that Ashley will appreciate he's now isolating a fairly large part of his Scottish and North East SD customer base so may wish to renegotiate because of that. However, even then I suspect he's the kind of guy who'd write off a few million annually just to make a point.

By contrast, I don't think we as a club can afford to. Moreover, if we had a legal challenge, I think we'd have begun litigation by now.