Dave King holds secret talks in bid to ease Mike Ashley's grip on retail deal

PS: I very much doubt King released this info to Mad Phil and/or mad Merlin. I think the source of that will be obvious enough.

Phil 3names is known to have contact with a certain Toxic Dwarf as has Merlin. I think there is a book out about it called " The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey"

I'm looking at the question objectively and gave outline reasons as to why I came up with my best guess.

Perhaps you could do similar as to why DK (or close) might like to furnish PMGB with info that looks to damage DK personally and may confuse and dilute the supports attitudes regards the surrounding issues.

I didn't say anything about King leaking anything to him. The Daily Mail have printed this now for a reason other than being a week behind the times.

I didn't say anything about King leaking anything to him. The Daily Mail have printed this now for a reason other than being a week behind the times.

The root leak is that to PMGB and that is why The Daily Mail have it up today, even if todays article came from a Rangers source, in an effort to counter the traction that the PMGB blog had established online, ie. no leak to PMGB and you'd have no Mail article today.

The other possible reason is that The Mail have it today, is that the newspaper has seen the online 'noise' that the issue has provoked and for commercial reasons, want a share of the attention.

Edited by buster.

The root leak is that to PMGB and that is why The Daily Mail have it up today, even if todays article came from a Rangers source, in an effort to counter the traction that the PMGB blog had established online, ie. no leak to PMGB and you'd have no Mail article today.

The other possible reason is that The Mail have it today, is that the newspaper has seen the online 'noise' that the issue has provoked and for commercial reasons, want a share of the attention.

You have no way of knowing why The Daily Mail have it up today nor if it is related to Mac Giolla Bhain's story. The effort he put out made no mention of renegotiating the merchandising deal, indeed the 'noise' following the release of his story centred around King asking Ashley to buy his shares from him!

You have no way of knowing why The Daily Mail have it up today nor if it is related to Mac Giolla Bhain's story. The effort he put out made no mention of renegotiating the merchandising deal, indeed the 'noise' following the release of his story centred around King asking Ashley to buy his shares from him!

Come on Rangersitis you know full well how this works. Toxic gives out only part information to 3names and Merlin, not the whole story. 3names then puts out his own spin on it, to try to hurt Rangers and King as long as it's damages Rangers . Merlin's spin is more about undermining King and bigging up Ashley, Easdale's , Or whoever is paying Toxic's salary As some have said, " information is the currency of the internet" 3names and Merlin get their currency from Toxic.

Unfortunately, that's my take on it as well.

However, one would hope that Ashley will appreciate he's now isolating a fairly large part of his Scottish and North East SD customer base so may wish to renegotiate because of that. However, even then I suspect he's the kind of guy who'd write off a few million annually just to make a point.

By contrast, I don't think we as a club can afford to. Moreover, if we had a legal challenge, I think we'd have begun litigation by now.

Maybe we have, but for a change it is not splashed out in the media. In any case, it would probably a worthwhile use of the RFFF money.

Come on Rangersitis you know full well how this works. Toxic gives out only part information to 3names and Merlin, not the whole story. 3names then puts out his own spin on it, to try to hurt Rangers and King as long as it's damages Rangers . Merlin's spin is more about undermining King and bigging up Ashley, Easdale's , Or whoever is paying Toxic's salary As some have said, " information is the currency of the internet" 3names and Merlin get their currency from Toxic.

Oh, I'm well aware that both have been fed information over the years, but I don't believe that everything published under their name comes from Irvine. They are a pair of self-obsessed wannabes who crave notoriety.

On this occasion, however, I don't see any purpose in Ashley leaking something via his pet bloggers only to water it down one week later. I just don't buy the theory that he thinks that spin will have any influence on a support which sees him as the enemy.

Do you answer posts that you haven't read properly ?

I didn't state that I knew exactly why the DM went with the article but put up two alternatives and it generally comes down to one or tuther.

It is related (one way or other) to the leak (re.meeting) aimed at PMGB, again.......read my previous post.