Dave King holds secret talks in bid to ease Mike Ashley's grip on retail deal

Do you answer posts that you haven't read properly ?

I didn't state that I knew exactly why the DM went with the article but put up two alternatives and it generally comes down to one or tuther.

It is related (one way or other) to the leak (re.meeting) aimed at PMGB, again.......read my previous post.

I did read your post, but, however incredulous this may sound to you, I don't agree with the premise that there are only two possible alternatives or that today's story is necessarily linked to that of Mac Giolla Bhain.

My take is Toxic/Phil/merlin were saying King had a meeting with Ashley asking him to buy his shares. They were then looking for Rangers to issue a statement denying the story, instead Rangers fed the DM with the truth.

The merchandise contract still has a 7-year notice period which hasn't been triggered; Ashley has no interest in boosting his rep; and one only needs to look at his history at Newcastle to see that working relationships are not deemed to be a priority.

If he is a SMART businessman he will see in the blink of an eye that renegotiating will generate MORE money for him than standing firm.

If the annual profit during a boycott is 1 million quid and he gets 76% then that is 760k for SD

If the annual profit after re-negotiation to more favourable terms (no 7 yr notice period, say 20% to SD (still to high...) and 80% to Rangers) is 5 million then that is 1 million to SD.

He gets more with a reduced shareholding/profit share because the revenue and profits are increased thanks to renegotiation

He should be smart enough to know that by standing firm will reduce his profits more than by renegotiating. That said, he doesn't need the Rangers profits, he may very well stand firm simply because he is stubborn.

If he is a SMART businessman he will see in the blink of an eye that renegotiating will generate MORE money for him than standing firm.

If the annual profit during a boycott is 1 million quid and he gets 76% then that is 760k for SD

If the annual profit after re-negotiation to more favourable terms (no 7 yr notice period, say 20% to SD (still to high...) and 80% to Rangers) is 5 million then that is 1 million to SD.

He gets more with a reduced shareholding/profit share because the revenue and profits are increased thanks to renegotiation

He should be smart enough to know that by standing firm will reduce his profits more than by renegotiating. That said, he doesn't need the Rangers profits, he may very well stand firm simply because he is stubborn.

I mean this as no offense but one thing for sure is the Mike Ashley is a smart businessman.... hence why he is in this string position in the first place. I will have no doubt his and SD's financial teams will be analyzing everything very closely. Maybe they are still making reasonable money and have no interest in changing... who knows.

You have stated in a previous thread that you won't be purchasing a strip for your wee boy this year. Will Rangers lose money from that decision? If so, are you not doing exactly the same as Ashley? It's become a game to see who blinks first.

You have stated in a previous thread that you won't be purchasing a strip for your wee boy this year. Will Rangers lose money from that decision? If so, are you not doing exactly the same as Ashley? It's become a game to see who blinks first.

The money that RFC make of the strip sales is buttons.....That is the main issue.

I mean this as no offense but one thing for sure is the Mike Ashley is a smart businessman.... hence why he is in this string position in the first place. I will have no doubt his and SD's financial teams will be analyzing everything very closely. Maybe they are still making reasonable money and have no interest in changing... who knows.

But that wont continue the more that the "noise" gets out publicly that the Club is being shafted. SD absolutely MUST be relying on supporter ignorance.

No, Rangers will NOT lose money from that decision. Why ? Because there are certainly other ways in which I can make sure the Club get the 50 quid from what I would otherwise purchase. For example, when I was home in March I purchased a tenner's worth of Rangers Lotto tickets at both the Livvy and Queen's games. If I don't buy my kid the top this upcoming season ? I will purchase 50 or 60 quid's worth of Lotto tickets, money which we KNOW goes into the Club.

One thing for sure, the Club will NOT lose out financially by my decision to not buy my kid a jersey which sees the VAST majority go to Sports Direct. In fact, by my decision the Club will obtain far MORE - how much are the Club making per jersey again ? 10p a top ? So by spending the same 50 quid the Club will make an additional GBP49.90 from me.

A win for the Club, but a loss for me and my kid - but that is a decision I am prepared to take morally.

The money that RFC make of the strip sales is buttons.....That is the main issue.

Of course, but will the buttons earned from 500,000 sales be more or less than from 50,000? With the club forced to purchase unsold items there must be an optimum sales figure.

Of course, but will the buttons earned from 500,000 sales be more or less than from 50,000? With the club forced to purchase unsold items there must be an optimum sales figure.

Sadly we don't, nor are we ever likely to, know the true nature of that contract.