Official: Wes Foderingham Signs Three Year Deal

I'm on the fence. We aren't going to be getting any 1st choice keeper from a higher division in England and that level is still miles better than the SPL. That said, focusing on lower division English players will see us dumped out of the Europa League very early and as for the CL, I'm not sure I can envisage us ever getting to the group stages again. Everything in moderation and that should include players who are ultimately second (or more to the point third) rate English league players. Hopefully our future sees us implementing a global scouting network and developing our own players as you get very little value for money in England, nor do any of their decent players want to play here.

Maybe this years first team players will be next year's squad players?

He's got 190 games under his belt in just 4 seasons at Swindon, so he's very experienced for a keeper who's still only 24.

Could prove to be a shrewd signing!

Maybe this years first team players will be next year's squad players?

Most are into the final year of their contracts I think. Given there's little chance of any of them getting a new contract my guess is MW & SDoW will want to move them on if possible

Edited by RANGERRAB

If he's not the #1 choice ahead of Bell then it's a pointless signing.

No way on Earth should Cammy Bell should be our first choice keeper.

Looking at it from a different point of view though, would you want young Kelly as our #2 after watching the way he played against Celtic recently?

I hope like PLG he doesn't miscalculate the opposition. It seems we aren't going to be making many more signings[/b] which is rather peculiar. I doubt Jose Mourinho would get more than 5 good games a season out of David Templeton.

What makes you say that?

Didn't King state that there would only be 6 or 7 signings?

Even if that turns out to be the case, the young lads Lang & Gibson were Academy signings, so won't be counted as part of Mark Warburton's player budget.