You would think that with a CL qualifier next week they would finally spend some time talking about their own team on their own boards. Sighs.

I don't think they're looking forward to Europe somehow :D2

_84219753_10955724.jpg

Kilmarnock: Lee McCulloch agrees player-assistant manager role

By Kenny Crawford, BBC Sport Scotland

Lee McCulloch will sign for Kilmarnock in a player-assistant manager role, his representative has confirmed.

The former Rangers captain will join Killie on a three-year deal to team up with boss Gary Locke at Rugby Park.

McCulloch, 37, was deemed surplus to requirements at Ibrox after Rangers' new management team of Mark Warburton and David Weir arrived in June.

The former Wigan Athletic midfielder won three top-flight league titles and two Scottish Cups with Rangers.

McCulloch, who played many of his 46 games for Rangers last season in central defence, joins striker Kris Boyd and full-back Stevie Smith in making the move to Kilmarnock from Ibrox this summer.

Scotland international McCulloch was involved with Locke in Kilmarnock's preparations for Saturday's friendly against Berwick Rangers.

He joined Wigan from Motherwell in March 2001 and, after more than six years there, moved to Rangers for £2.25m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33492092

He's probably paying for the job.

He'll have taken a massive drop in salary, that's for sure. He'll probably only be earning about 10% of what he was earning with us.

• 3 weeks later...
If we judged players on last year's team, under last year's coaches, even Messi would fall into the category of 'pish'. I'm assuming a better style of play which creates more chances and Miller, playing about 10 starts and maybe 10 subs, would probably/almost certainly bag some goals.

As for his attitude well I hold him to be more or less a model pro and can forgive anyone with an ounce of self respect losing the plot while at Ibrox last year. Plenty of us did.

I was surprised at the some of the comments directed at Miller in this thread and I'm chuffed that he's both scoring from the bench and that Warburton repeatedly refers to him when talking about the senior pros.

I was surprised at the some of the comments directed at Miller in this thread and I'm chuffed that he's both scoring from the bench and that Warburton repeatedly refers to him when talking about the senior pros.

A lot of things can change when a new manager comes in. Miller displayed some serious attitude problems last season, but if he's ditched the bad attitude for the moment, then fair enough and even better if he improves on his poor standard of performances from last season.