A disappointing defeat but is Warburton winning?

Haud the bus- you said Shiels did better under McCall (which he did if I'm honest) and he was generally played much deeper during that period; often alongside Murdoch in a holding role. Even daft Tam Miller mentioned that last night. ;)

Eustace hasn't signed but I suspect he will soon enough when fully fit. Murdoch is away with the under 20s as I assume his position at the club is safer than others due to his reasonable performances last season. Temps and McKay have more to prove which is why I think they've featured more in the last game or two but they didn't show much last night unfortunately so I doubt we'd be difficult to deal with if another club showed interested - which in itself may be unlikely.

I don't think ten midfielders is an unreasonable number to have in the squad but if we sign Eustace and Allan (I appreciate it is an if) then we have more than that which means two or three players from my list will most likely leave. Crawford, Templeton, McKay and Shiels are most likely from that list.

Yeah, good point about Shiels.

Isn't the problem with Eustace one of fitness? I've been out the loop a bit recently but so perhaps events have gone one without me noticing but I thought Eustace was recovering from a knee op and there was a doubt about his ability to recover.

Anyway, I'm only speculating, but as Templeton and McKay are the only natural 'wide' players in the squad (Aird I suppose too) I think we'll persevere with them, they're also both quite attack minded, I think that'll go in their favour. Who knows if they'll take that chance though. I also think Murdoch will have to prove it all again, I genuinely believe they all got a clean slate when Warburton arrived, that's benefited a player like McKay who was in the wilderness but hampered Murdoch who had become a first team regular.

Just seen Frankie clip there. Does look like nothing on the tv but it was terrible at the game, was nobody else there!must be someone!

As for gunslinger change the record your pathetic. I attacked the old board before you ever did an just as vocally. Time you gave up your tired foundationless king comments. Pretty sure I was at the game supporting the new regime and even dragged the mrs along did you bother or is your support limited to stupid comments at those who do while sitting on the sofa?

Edited by trublusince1982

Just seen Frankie clip there. Does look like nothing on the tv but it was terrible at the game, was nobody else there!must be someone!

As for gunslinger change the record your pathetic. I attacked the old board before you ever did an just as vocally. Time you gave up your tired foundationless king comments. Pretty surely I was at the game supporting the new regime and even dragged the mrs along did you bother or is your support limited to stupid comments at those who do while sitting on the sofa?

I was in GF7,right at the penaltly box and had a great view of it. I thought it was a good save and I don't think he shat it.

BURNLEY boss Sean Dyche believes his old friend Mark Warburton is creating a Rangers side destined for success.

Despite his team beating The Light Blues 1-0 in their friendly on Tuesday evening, the Clarets manager was impressed by the Gers new set-up.

The 44-year-old’s side have been used to playing against the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal so he is in a good place to judge quality.

And although Dyche has had a footballing career spanning 26 years he had never visited Ibrox before.

He said: “It was fantastic to be at Ibrox for the first time, it was just great and we were looking forward to it as a staff, let alone the players.

“The history and feel of a club of this size and the grandeur of it is incredible but the obvious thing for us was to get the things right on the pitch.

“I thought Rangers were excellent for the first 20 or 20 minutes and we just managed to calm it with a goal and then it evened out a bit.

“I know Rangers are still a powerful club and the attraction is obvious here and I think Mark has already been able bring some good players in.

“I think he has got them set-up to be successful and you never know but he knows the challenges of football and so do I.

“But there are really good signs for Mark there I think and he has a real good group and it looks like they’ll be very competitive this season.

“I’ve been seeing bit and bobs of what Mark has been doing here, I know a couple of the boys – I played with Nicky Law’s dad and I know Rob Kiernan who was a young lad with Warbs and me at Watford.”

The game was Burnley’s second test of pre-season with their season kicking off on August 8 in England.

Dyche said: “I thought it was a fantastic work out from our point of view and I’m sure it was the same for Mark and his lads.

“The result for us was mainly fitness but of course you want a winning mentality and we believe in that.

“We came up with one striker, we had one go down injured and we need to be careful with the troops.

“Overall I’m not just pleased with the result but the way the players went about it and their physicality and the way they adjusted in the second half.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9678-dyche-impressed-by-gers

Pretty much directly across from gr7, I think, and everyone all around was talking about it. Guess it's in the eye of the beholder. For me he hesitated and got himself hurt, fortunately not badly. Guess time will tell on how decent he will be. Not convinced by the guy and think eventually bell will be back in goal if he can use his feet.

He doesn't hesitate he sets himself to make a fantastic save. If he keeps going he has to go feet first with a small part of goal covered.

Behave yourself

a much better comment than your last can almost respect it. Almost.The behave yourself you can shove in the proverbial. Was always brought up as a gers fan to allow others their opinion you obviously missed that lesson.

If he hadn't hesitated in my opinion he would have got to the ball well before the Burnley player removing the need to cover the goal. will see if he does similar the next time.