Calum Gallagher sold

Heard we have just made a third bid for Allan.

Can we rate him before he plays or is that impossible too? Lol

Doesn't really matter it's the managers opinion that counts , just like last years only myself and gunslinger consistently argued against Vuckic being the second coming of Christ ,

Heard we have just made a third bid for Allan.

Can we rate him before he plays or is that impossible too? Lol

The notion of rating players before they have signed is moot, IMHO.

Of course we can rate players as much as we like. But saying they would be a great addition just because we have seen them play before is to ignore the nuances of football. One prime example is Fernando Torres. Looked excellent at Atletico first time round, was world class for Liverpool and when Chelsea signed him you immediately thought "cracking addition for Chelsea" - what then played out happens fairly frequently is that a player simply cannot adjust to the difference in footballing philosophies between clubs and cant quite get to grips with his new team mates and build that psychological bond that is needed.

So, for me, it doesn't matter how good Scott Allan has been at Hibs, or how good/bad/indifferent Foderingham was before coming to us - for me the ONLY way to properly rate them is when they have had a run of games in our team. Only then can you really tell if they suit the Club, philosophy, style of play, pace of play, team-mates, formation etc.

Some guys look like duds but move to a Club such as ours and look like completely different players (in a good way) and others come with a fine pedigree and are terrible.

Give them a run of games and a chance to prove themselves.

Doesn't really matter it's the managers opinion that counts , just like last years only myself and gunslinger consistently argued against Vuckic being the second coming of Christ ,
of course it doesn't matter we are only fans discussing our opinions online. Nobody is going to act on them or expect anyone too. Obviously eventually since I am always correct its just a matter of time until Warburton calls me up for advice!

The notion of rating players before they have signed is moot, IMHO.

Of course we can rate players as much as we like. But saying they would be a great addition just because we have seen them play before is to ignore the nuances of football. One prime example is Fernando Torres. Looked excellent at Atletico first time round, was world class for Liverpool and when Chelsea signed him you immediately thought "cracking addition for Chelsea" - what then played out happens fairly frequently is that a player simply cannot adjust to the difference in footballing philosophies between clubs and cant quite get to grips with his new team mates and build that psychological bond that is needed.

So, for me, it doesn't matter how good Scott Allan has been at Hibs, or how good/bad/indifferent Foderingham was before coming to us - for me the ONLY way to properly rate them is when they have had a run of games in our team. Only then can you really tell if they suit the Club, philosophy, style of play, pace of play, team-mates, formation etc.

Some guys look like duds but move to a Club such as ours and look like completely different players (in a good way) and others come with a fine pedigree and are terrible.

Give them a run of games and a chance to prove themselves.

opinions can be changed and proven wrong that's what makes stating them risky.

Lots of things need to be taken into account when judging a player far more than can be written down in a simple quote. Its being able to determine and evaluate those attributes that determines a persons ability to judge players. Nobody gets it correct 100% of the time its all guess work.

Personally don't get the point in waiting to make a judgement call and not putting your evaluating skills to the test until well down the line when it is obvious to everyone. Where's the skill and fun in that?

A quite easy way to judge a player is to view the fans forum of the club he's just left....I find that better than any statistics.

Tavernier....gutted.

Waghorn...disappointed.

Halliday....disappointed.

Kiernan....disappointed.

Holt...so so...Heart's were gutted though.

Foderingham...gutted.

Same with us....McLeod....we were gutted. Little, less so.

Even now, St Mirren fans are gaining hope on their own forum cause some of us are doubting selling Gallacher.

Who would you suggest then?
out the current squad- Walsh for temps and would have changed McKay for Gallagher.

If money was no issue Vladimir Weiss or dele alli would be great in a make believe world

Without knowing budgets and who's on the available list and what option agents are offering its impossible to say in realistic terms.

Like the style of player Warburton is going for just would like to see the forward three with more composure in front of goal. Not a guarantee of course just look at Boyd.