Calum Gallagher sold

On a sidenote, we have essentially no real clue how Gallagher shaped up in training under the new regime. If player, manager and family agree that his career is best served if he moves on, so be it. A one-year deal leaves quite a few opportunities.

I'm happy to speak with you.

You think our new goalie's poor?

Based on what?

2/3 games?

What's he poor at? Distribution? He's being asked to play a sweeper keeper style he's not used to - of course it will take time!

He commands his box and takes crosses FAR better than the likes of Bell - give him a chance.

He was his club's player of the year last season, he's won England youth caps.

How you can say he is poor is beyond me but please educate me. I'm willing to listen and debate.

Why do you always have to create a new line for every sentence? You did the same on RM.

Gallagher came in over a year ago and looked like one of our best players, that was the time to be playing him. He should have had a full season of action last year and who knows where he would be. I will trust Warburton's judgement on this but I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him getting a good return this season.

It's sad to see yet another youth player kept on until his 20's, getting hardly any chances and then dumped to another Scottish team. I'm presuming the fact he has gone to St Mirren suggests if we got any fee it was probably about a fiver, if we got one at all.

I imagine at least for the last few seasons we must be making quite a loss on our youth development? We very rarely seem to get any fees for our youth players, or at least ones worth mentioning.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I'm disappointed Gallagher has been let go, but there must be a reason for it. Because we all think he deserved a chance after a couple of games doesn't mean he was actually good enough. I would've liked to see him get a few games this year, but if Warbs doesn't want him then I'm willing to trust his judgement. When I think about it though, he's a bit of a shoehorn player; not a striker, not a winger. He'd only really be a squad player. I would've kept him as a squad player, but I suppose he may not like it, and may be right for his career that he move on. I can see him scoring on Friday!

Who knows? We might sign him up again if he proves himself! Good luck to the lad.

While not knowing why the lad has been let go (my own opinion is it is a better deal for Saints than us) these things happen in football and good luck to the lad.

Dont you just know however that he will have been getting dozens of phone calls from journalists since news of his signing was released all wanting to know the dirty inside info on Warburton and Rangers, hoping he will say he was badly treated or similar. Hopefully the lad is well advised and stays clear of the hordes of scumbag journos who will be salivating at the thought of yet another negative Rangers story in the offing.

More than all that I hope there is nothing to report, and that the lad was treated fairly and respectfully by our management and club in his exit.