I think they'll have to mate. I think City will win the league by a distance. Early days though

Nah, remember SBS assured us Chelsea would win it by a mile.....

City looking strong and invigorated.

"The Special One" was on drugs last week when he felt Chelsea competed 2nd half against City :D

I think they'll have to mate. I think City will win the league by a distance. Early days though

If City blow Everton away today then I agree, it seems they have a anger and revenge about them so fair play to Pellegrini to getting them together. Toure and Kompany have had a full summer rest after playing Interntionals for 2 summers and I think its showing already. Still early though, teams have had stuttering starts before and came good.

I think Chelsea will get the cheque book out this week also with Pogba and Stones but if Costa and Falcao arent fit their problem will be upfront.

Still another 3 games before the table starts to take shape. The match at Emirates tomorrow will be good. Can see Liverpool nicking a draw.

I actually enjoyed the MU-NU game: quite tactical I thought. MU were superior in the first-half, but NU managed to organise themselves better for the second. MU just couldn't score -- which I suppose is the object of the game --; there was some nice play, 80% possession at times, but they just couldn't score. They look good defensively, but of course, they haven't came up against the big side yet. I think they'll do well and I think they'll finish higher than last year, but they're not title-contenders.

In general it's too early to start making predictions. MC were good last year for spells, but just slipped up in key games; it looks like they've started well this year, but it's only 3 games in. Chelsea will get better, but there is no doubt they're lacking form. Mourinho made the decision to try to get back into the game against MC, taking off Terry for more pace because he had to play a high line (we know how Terry is in a high line!); and the full-backs were a lot further forward. It was no surprise Chelsea conceded more goals in that second half. It wouldn't have happened if it was 0-0 at half-time. Mourinho excelled at the big games last year, but his players, namely Ramires and Fabregas, let him down. I do think they need to invest, at least freshen things up a little; otherwise they'll find it a lot more difficult than last year.

To be fair I joined the game at 28 mins and only stuck it for another 12. Mags were playing two banks of four with one a few yards in front and one a yard behind plus the keeper. OK, it's up to MU to break it down but it was God awful tedious.

By contrast I saw the last ten minutes of the Shinty Cup Final and I wish I'd seen it all.