Exposingtherhats - It’s time to talk about Celtic…..

All supposition, nothing more. Last night definitely hurt them though !

And I think it IS safe to assume that to balance the books they need to sell players - which is good for us as it will be their better players that leave.

Their finances make interesting reading that's for sure.

Not least three years ago when we got put into SFL3 & Liewell said they didn't need us. A couple of years or so later he said it was costing them something like £10m without us in the top league !!!! Some difference from zero to £10m !

I'm always dubious about the alleged fees they get for players they sell too. It seems to me these figures often include signing on fees, agents fees, sell-on fees etc. The idea, for example, that Southampton paid them £12m( or whatever) up front for Wanyama is laughable.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Their finances make interesting reading that's for sure.

Not least three years ago when we got put into SFL3 & Liewell said they didn't need us. A couple of years or so later he said it was costing them something like £10m without us in the top league !!!! Some difference from zero to £10m !

I'm always dubious about the alleged fees they get for players they sell too. It seems to me these figures often include signing on fees, agents fees, sell-on fees etc. The idea, for example, that Southampton paid them £12m( or whatever) up front for Wanyama is laughable.

Oh for sure. There is NO WAY are they selling their players for the sums of money being touted, no way on earth.

I find it amusing too that they try to have the compliant media inflate the "value" for players that they are selling. Any manager with any sense at all would realize that paying 10-12 million for someone like Virgll is not good value when they can pick up far better players for 2/3 that cost. I have never believed the numbers that we hear of for their sales of players.

The accounts should be able to tell the truth though - shouldn't be THAT hard to look at their revenue numbers, work out ST revenue, and the remainder is transfers and commercial income - commercial income (without CL) wont be that high.

How much is the Europa League worth to Celtic?

This is the first year of a new Uefa cycle, so the financial rewards are greater than before.

Malmo earned £1.42m by beating Celtic; much more will come their way in the Champions League.

Celtic will have £2.13m to help ease their disappointment before they enter the Europa League, the prize money for which is broken down below:

Europa League prize money

Group stage fee

£1.74m

Group stage performance

£262,000 per win, £87,000 per draw

Group winners

£363,000, and £182,000 for runners-up

Round of 32

£363,000

Round of 16

£545,000

Quarter-finals

£727,000

Semi-finals

£1.09m

Final

£4.72m for winner and £2.54m for runner-up

So, even if Celtic do not gain a point in the Europa League they will be guaranteed £3.87m (£2.13m + £1.74m).

Clubs also earn money from the competition's market pool, which includes a share of TV money. This is tricky to predict as last season's figures are not yet available - and the same is true of the gate money taken by Celtic during their Europa League campaign last year.

But using a bit of educated guesswork, their combined value might be about £4m.

Oh for sure. There is NO WAY are they selling their players for the sums of money being touted, no way on earth.

I find it amusing too that they try to have the compliant media inflate the "value" for players that they are selling. Any manager with any sense at all would realize that paying 10-12 million for someone like Virgll is not good value when they can pick up far better players for 2/3 that cost. I have never believed the numbers that we hear of for their sales of players.

The accounts should be able to tell the truth though - shouldn't be THAT hard to look at their revenue numbers, work out ST revenue, and the remainder is transfers and commercial income - commercial income (without CL) wont be that high.

The idea that Van Dijk has trebled or quadrupled his value after two seasons in Scottish football is hilarious.