Wallace, McKay and Oduwa

never been a fan of McKay but he knows how to put a ball through for Wallace to run on to. We've had lots of joy down that wing with a rejuvenated Wallace.

Oduwa looks a player who can run through defences but he needs to see the pass inside the back when Wallace is bombing in from the wing.

He expended a lot of energy against Airdrie running up that wing.

Until we develop that side of the boys game it'll be McKay to start for me.

Edited by colinstein

Have to say, I've always been a fan of Mc'Kay.

He's the sort of player Celtic have been producing for years but we never have.....a guy that will just run at people with a fair bit of skill and cocky attitude.

I'm glad he's back, I'm glad Warburton sees something in him.

He's a great wee player with a lot to offer if given the chance.

Have to say, I've always been a fan of Mc'Kay.

He's the sort of player Celtic have been producing for years but we never have.....a guy that will just run at people with a fair bit of skill and cocky attitude.

I'm glad he's back, I'm glad Warburton sees something in him.

He's a great wee player with a lot to offer if given the chance.

Much of this is because the Academies of both clubs have had a different perspective on development. Celtic have brought kids in and told them to "express themselves" and be selfish (to an extent) whilst we have had a philosophy of building and playing as a team.

Who is the last truly skillful player we've produced? (save McKay)

Lewis Macleod was with our Academy from age 10. Different type of player from McKay (who I also rate highly!), but Macleod is also blessed with great skill and natural talent. Before he got injured then sold off for peanuts last season I regarded Lewis as probably being our best player.

Then maybe they've been right up to now.

McMullan for St Mirren gave us problems....on loan from them.

Who is the last truly skillful player we've produced? (save McKay)

We didn't produce McKay though - he was a Killie product.

Lewis Macleod was with our Academy from age 10. Different type of player from McKay (who I also rate highly!), but Macleod is also blessed with great skill and natural talent. Before he got injured then sold off for peanuts last season I regarded Lewis as probably being our best player.

Greg Statt, who just got promoted to Academy Operations and Scouting Coordinator, raves about Lewis MacLeod, probably because he coached him at that age group when Lewis first arrived :D

I fully expect to see lewis mcleod back at ibrox at some point.

I don't ever expect to see Lewis McLeod back if he gets himself fully fit.

He is a box to box midfielder who chips in with a few goals who should be well suited to English football. It's only now he's gone I think we're beginning to realise how good he was & did anyone notice how the team deteriorated even more in the second half of last season after he left?

Much of this is because the Academies of both clubs have had a different perspective on development. Celtic have brought kids in and told them to "express themselves" and be selfish (to an extent) whilst we have had a philosophy of building and playing as a team.

5 or 6 years ago the celtc u20 team was all over six foot farmers lads. Our was a great team with bags of skill.