Warbs: Winning Run Unexpected

Excellent article from the official site:

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/10014?utm_content=buffer5c8ba&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

SUNDAY’S sensational 5-1 triumph at Queen of the South may have seen Mark Warburton become the first Rangers manager since Bill Struth to win his first eight games, but the Englishman insists the record means nothing.

It has been a quite incredible opening period to the season for the Light Blues with 30 goals also notched in those eight matches, and Warburton has also admitted the blistering start to the season caught him by surprise.

Speaking to RangersTV.tv, he explained: “It never entered my head at all. I didn’t know what to expect from pre-season training, but very quickly I saw the quality of the squad and the way they applied themselves.

“They are now getting their just rewards for that, but we never thought about winning streaks or records – they are totally irrelevant.

“They key now is the players preparing to be the best they can be in every performance. It’s one game at a time. Now, everything for us is geared towards Raith.

“The guys have a couple of days off, but everything is all on the performance on Saturday.”

Those 30 goals scored have been shared around a number of different players so far, and Warburton has picked that aspect out as his favourite from his spell in charge of the club so far.

I think it’s wrong to rely on one goal source, so I’m delighted to see so many individuals on the scoresheet,” he explained.

“Both our fullbacks have scored, Andy Halliday as our defensive midfielder has scored, and our forwards – Barrie, Kenny and Waggy have all scored.

“If we can maintain that, then all well and good.”

A Warburton interview seldom goes by without a mention of the club’s incredible support, but the manager has genuinely been taken aback by the level of backing, and is obvious it is genuinely appreciated by the boss and his players.

“I keep saying it in the programme notes and through yourselves, it will never be taken for granted by the players or the staff,” he continued.

“In every game, we have a responsibility to the fans for supporting us in that manner – but we have to enjoy that responsibility.

“That’s why you play football. To go and play in front of 50,000 people takes a special person, and people think it is easy – it’s not.

“The weight of expectation and dealing with that responsibility can be heavy on the shoulders of some, but all the players here have been outstanding.

“They are very aware of the hardships and financial outlays the fans have to make to follow their team home and away.

“Like I say, we will never take it for granted, and it is very much appreciated.

“David Weir informed me long before I took over of the size of the club, the expectation, and the period of turmoil the club has gone through and where they are now.

“We sense very much the club is primed and ready. The supporters are desperate to see the club back where it belongs, and with the squad of players we have now, we are in good shape.

“Getting back to that responsibility, they players recognise what they have and the job they have to do for the fans, but they are going to enjoy it, relish it, and hopefully win that Championship.”

Both our fullbacks have scored, Andy Halliday as our defensive midfielder has scored, and our forwards – Barrie, Kenny and Waggy have all scored.

Ha! I've been justified by the Manager: McKay is a forward, not a midfielder (although he can play behind the striker).

Edited by Rousseau

If Ally can win League one undefeated this team can win this championship undefeated although there is likely to be an off day somewhere down the line.

All we can say is its 8/8 and 100% perfect so far and the most impressive footballing structure at Ibrox for many a year.