Chelsea v Arsenal

0-0, not a great game until it kicked off with Gabriel and Costa. Cheating tink Costa got Gabriel sent off when he was equally to blame plus he hacked Koscienly (sp) twice.

Ref didn't even see the kick but sends him off. Ruining a potentially good second half.

0-0, not a great game until it kicked off with Gabriel and Costa. Cheating tink Costa got Gabriel sent off when he was equally to blame plus he hacked Koscienly (sp) twice.

Ref didn't even see the kick but sends him off. Ruining a potentially good second half.

Why is Costa always deemed the aggressor? They were both booked for the tussle in the box -- fairly in my eyes. Then the "cheating tink" Gabriel back-heels Costa 2 mins later, getting another yellow and sent off. What about Koscielny falling to the ground after bumping chests? Cheating? Costa is an aggressive player, perhaps too aggressive at times. Opposition players look to play on it. On many occasions he is in the wrong, but he is also unfairly targeted.

The irony is the Costa of last season would make Arsenal title contenders IMO. One would rather have him than not, surely?

(Chelsea are a Marmite club -- even Mourinho is a Marmite manager. One is biased either way regarding any incidents/judgements involving them.)

Edited by Rousseau

Why is Costa always deemed the aggressor? They were both booked for the tussle in the box -- fairly in my eyes. Then the "cheating tink" Gabriel back-heels Costa 2 mins later, getting another yellow and sent off. What about Koscielny falling to the ground after bumping chests? Cheating? Costa is an aggressive player, perhaps too aggressive at times. Opposition players look to play on it. On many occasions he is in the wrong, but he is also unfairly targeted.

The irony is the Costa of last season would make Arsenal title contenders IMO. One would rather have him than not, surely?

(Chelsea are a Marmite club -- even Mourinho is a Marmite manager. One is biased either way regarding any incidents/judgements involving them.)

Ummm, because he IS the aggressor.... I haven't seen it yet but plenty of people have said that he hit Koscielny in the face with an elbow - was that not what started it ? Would that not make him the aggressor ?

Ummm, because he IS the aggressor.... I haven't seen it yet but plenty of people have said that he hit Koscielny in the face with an elbow - was that not what started it ? Would that not make him the aggressor ?

Yes, he was booked for that though, wasn't he? Koscielny was also booked for grappling with him immediately before the flailing arms, or was it Gabriel? I can't remember now! Koscielny was definitely grappling with Costa though. Is Costa or Koscielny the aggressor in that situation then?

Seriously, everyone's biased when it comes to Chelsea and Mourinho. Marmite. Any fan can find excuses for anything 'dirty' Chelsea/Mourinho do, likewise any that dislike Chelsea/Mourinho can find something 'immoral' in the most innocuous incidents. There's a clear divide on this forum.

I thought it was boring to be honest. The English league is overrated. Costa was lucky to stay on the park for a number of incidents over the ninety minutes. Arsenal yet again lost their discipline though. Also another thing that annoyed me is how long did it take both Cazorla and Gabriel to go off? Once you have been sent off there is no point arguing - get yourself off.

What game you watching? He Swang at Koscielny after grabbing him in the face the his body weight knocked him to the ground - it wasn't a fall at all. Ant at half time they clearly showed Costa turning away and stopping on purpose right behind Gabriel looking for further agro. Plus he kicked out at Oxlade Chamberlain - he should have been sent off twice.

The Gabriel v Costa thing goes back to a Villareal v A Madrid game a few years ago. Both were silly but both should have walked.

What game you watching? He Swang at Koscielny after grabbing him in the face the his body weight knocked him to the ground - it wasn't a fall at all. Ant at half time they clearly showed Costa turning away and stopping on purpose right behind Gabriel looking for further agro. Plus he kicked out at Oxlade Chamberlain - he should have been sent off twice.

The Gabriel v Costa thing goes back to a Villareal v A Madrid game a few years ago. Both were silly but both should have walked.

There's no point in debating the points: we're both looking at it through blue and red tinted glasses. (There's no way his body weight knocks him down there; clear fall.)