Gough a Global Ambassador

Surprised there hasn't been some "Gough is a prick, he once failed to shake my hand/ wouldn't sign my kid's autograph book/chastised me when I drunkenly vomited on his dinner table/shoved in front of me in Woolie's for the last strawberry creams in the pick n mix" (delete as applicable) yet.

The team pic is in my livvy program dell 50 years ago I was putting these pics on my wall so staring at team pics is behind me now lol..

LOL. It's the first time that the Fans Liaison Officer has appeared in the squad pic, as far as I'm aware.

Surprised there hasn't been some "Gough is a prick, he once failed to shake my hand/ wouldn't sign my kid's autograph book/chastised me when I drunkenly vomited on his dinner table/shoved in front of me in Woolie's for the last strawberry creams in the pick n mix" (delete as applicable) yet.

I can tell how disappointed you are.

You logged on the wrong forum for that.

Normally I am against the 'jobs for the boys' type culture, but ambassador roles require someone who knows the club well and is a suitable representation of its values. I think Gough is well suited for the role and wish him every success. After some initial concerns about the lack of noticeable progress, I think we have gone from strength to strength, making remarkably improvements on the playing side. I trust the board have made the correct decision here as well. It's interesting to note the outright skepticism and anger in certain quarters, questioning Gough's qualifications. The same people seemed to wish to afford Green, Ashley, Easdale, Ahmad et al every possible bit of leeway as they literally drove us into oblivion in the quest to further their own selfish, repugnant, egotistical interests.