Premier League results

I certainly didn't see Spurs hitting Man City 4-1. That's 2 league loses for City now which opens up the race just nice. But Man Utd just don't look right at the top of the table for some reason. They aren't even playing well yet are there so they can probably only improve.

Big win for Arsenal.

West Ham slip up at home again.

Needed win for Rodgers and Liverpool.

Chelsea :seal:

Man City rested a few players (Silva, Hart; Kompany was injured, and Yaya had to go off, I believe). They have relied on an exceptional spine for the last few years, and it always seems to show when they lose several from it. They've still not been able to replace that spine. They've spent huge sums on quality players, but they are more supplementary players. I still see them winning the league, because they are the most consistent.

Suicide from Leicester, playing with a high line with Walcott up front. Good result though, and Sanchez is getting better.

Again, West Ham can't play on the front foot. They get good results when they counter.

Sturridge is awesome; a proper number 9 that wants to run in behind, rather than a striker posing as a number 10, drifting about. Liverpool play better in the 3-5-2: with Can at the back because he does seem to do better than in midfield; they don't have world-class centre-backs, but several decent ones, so having a back 3 where they can all cover each other suits them better; good high energy players in Henderson (when he returns) and Milner; free role for Coutinho; and Ings and Sturridge running in behind; and then they've got Benteke to mix it up. Rodgers' is a very good coach IMO, but his acquisitions have not suited the team. He also seems to persist with a 4-3-3 when they don't have any natural wingers; they're all number 10's! 3-5-2 suits them IMO; and Ings and Sturridge, with Coutinho in the hole is quite dangerous for opposing defenders.

Chelsea are poor. They need a complete re-fresh. Too many are not performing. I don't have any confidence in them at the moment.

Man Utd are a strange case: they are not quite playing well -- they can for periods, but not really -- and struggle, or did struggle, to score goals. However, their defence is quite impressive, and they're grinding out results; it is a sign of a good team. But, like you say, it doesn't look right seeing them at the top. I like Blind; he's small, slow and weak, but his reading of the game, his organisation, and passing ability is exceptional.

City's defence is poor and has been for. They spent a lot of money on Mangala (?) last season and some other bloke this season whose name I can't spell because I've forgotten it plus Fernando/inho who are anonymous and di Michaelis who is past it. Nasri isn't Silva and Aguero can't do it all by himself every week.

I predict with heavy heart that Chelsea will finish above City this year and United above them both unless Sanchez can drive Arsenal on a 10 - 12 match unbeaten run.

City's defence is poor and has been for. They spent a lot of money on Mangala (?) last season and some other bloke this season whose name I can't spell because I've forgotten it plus Fernando/inho who are anonymous and di Michaelis who is past it. Nasri isn't Silva and Aguero can't do it all by himself every week.

I predict with heavy heart that Chelsea will finish above City this year and United above them both unless Sanchez can drive Arsenal on a 10 - 12 match unbeaten run.

Otamendi :D

The league this season has the makings of going all the way to the wire. Utd sitting on top doesn't look right and they aren't playing well - but one thing is for sure - Martial has got off to a flier !!

This season is now tough to predict - 3 weeks ago I would have said City would win the league easily - now.... they are as inconsistent as everybody else.

Makes for an exciting league given everyone is dropping points !

Big games this weekend before the international break.

Chelsea v Southampton is huge for Chelsea. I think they will nick it as Southampton haven't been the same team.

Everton v Liverpool massive for Rodgers, cant see Everton losing it.

Arsenal v Man Utd very tough to call. Two poor defences despite 2 world class keepers.

Aston Villa v Stoke is a big game down at the bottom.

A big weekend of games in Europe also.

Sevilla V Barcelona

Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid

PSG v Marseille

Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund

Partick Thistle v Dundee Utd :D

Big games this weekend before the international break.

Chelsea v Southampton is huge for Chelsea. I think they will nick it as Southampton haven't been the same team.

Everton v Liverpool massive for Rodgers, cant see Everton losing it.

Arsenal v Man Utd very tough to call. Two poor defences despite 2 world class keepers.

Aston Villa v Stoke is a big game down at the bottom.

A big weekend of games in Europe also.

Sevilla V Barcelona

Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid

PSG v Marseille

Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund

Partick Thistle v Dundee Utd :D

I actually think Man Utd have got a good defense -- their record would certainly suggest so. Tough to call, though. I agree with the rest though. Although, I have no confidence in Chelsea at the moment, so I can't see them getting a result.

I actually think Man Utd have got a good defense -- their record would certainly suggest so. Tough to call, though. I agree with the rest though. Although, I have no confidence in Chelsea at the moment, so I can't see them getting a result.

Its a make shift defence which would be torn apart in any other season or league regularly. Darmain, has been decent. Smalling finally looking like a defender. Blind, would get destroyed against a fully fit Aguero, Costa, Sanchez....and at left back Shaw has had 2 good games then is seriously unlucky with that injury and its Ashley Young now at LB. That's is there for the taken.

Its a make shift defence which would be torn apart in any other season or league regularly. Darmain, has been decent. Smalling finally looking like a defender. Blind, would get destroyed against a fully fit Aguero, Costa, Sanchez....and at left back Shaw has had 2 good games then is seriously unlucky with that injury and its Ashley Young now at LB. That's is there for the taken.

I forgot about Shaw's injury. So, yes they will be significantly weakened. However, I still think they defend quite well, as Blind is a decent centre-back: his reading of the game is exceptional; he's obviously slow and weak, but his ability makes up for it -- Smalling makes an excellent partner; they complement each other very well I think. Arsenal will be a big test.