Lame excuses becoming invalid.

FS: How difficult would be it to transform Bar 72 into an area accommodating disabled fans? Or would it be possible to build similar cantilever constructions in the Copland and Broomloan stands?

I think something could be done with the ends of Bar72. I also think the fronts of the Copland and Broomloan could be adapted along the lines of Bar72 and would probably one of the options that would least affect capacity.

With the RFFF cash sitting unused and groups like Rangers First interested in community projects, then there's no reason why Rangers can't push forward with this at pace.

I agree, that would surely be one of the least contentious uses for the money.

An absolute belter of an article FS.

I would stronly recommend reading any of the links FS has posted -in particular the cafefootball one' date=' which while long, really opens your eyes.[/quote']

I actually make a cameo appearance in the last link.

The Dons Stadium in MK looks to have pretty good wheelchair facilities with 164 spaces (for a capacity of 30500) with a seat for the carer at the back of the lower tier at concourse level with simple access to catering and toilets. Not sure how it is in the reality of experiencing it, but it does look well planned and every space has a decent view. Entry to the stadium is also at concourse level on one side.

It's actually a really excellent stadium all round, with good sized, cushioned seats and plenty of leg room and no restricted views that I can see.

Ibrox is immensely impressive in size, history and lots of other ways, but it's starting to seem a bit dated in comparison.

What I've seen of it it certainly looks one of the better thought out stadiums in that regards also Swanseas stadium is excellent too.

• 2 weeks later...

What other disabilities do Rangers have to comply with FS?

I saw this wee piece on BBC regarding blind supporters

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p034ftmx?intc_type=promo&intc_location=sport&intc_campaign=blindfootballfan&intc_linkname=5live_fac_vidclip1

I know there is/was blind supporters in the Enclosure. do Rangers have to upgrade for blind supporters also?

What other disabilities do Rangers have to comply with FS?

I saw this wee piece on BBC regarding blind supporters

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p034ftmx?intc_type=promo&intc_location=sport&intc_campaign=blindfootballfan&intc_linkname=5live_fac_vidclip1

I know there is/was blind supporters in the Enclosure. do Rangers have to upgrade for blind supporters also?

Yes improvements have to be made in respect to the blind fans and also the ambulant disabled too, the aim is access for all.

Yes improvements have to be made in respect to the blind fans and also the ambulant disabled too, the aim is access for all.

Thanks FS.

Gone are the days that someone was commentating next to the blind supporters.

plug in radio commentary seems the way forward.It's a pity they have stopped the WIFI (maybe due to criminal case?), as commentary on there could have provided blind fans with freedom to choose any part of the stadium to sit.

It's a pity they have stopped the WIFI (maybe due to criminal case?)

I don't want to encourage going off-topic here, but regarding the WIFI, it wouldn't surprise me if you're guessing in the right direction and it's been switched off due to a questionable contract.

Thanks FS.

Gone are the days that someone was commentating next to the blind supporters.

plug in radio commentary seems the way forward.It's a pity they have stopped the WIFI (maybe due to criminal case?), as commentary on there could have provided blind fans with freedom to choose any part of the stadium to sit.

Been in the presence of some of the blind party at away games on a few occasions, it was a bit surreal, very humbling experience at times quite amusing and uplifting.

There is commentary available at some grounds Ibrox being one of them, though some still prefer the commentary from someone next to them.

http://www.rexblindparties.com/index.htm

https://twitter.com/rfcblindparty

Been in the presence of some of the blind party at away games on a few occasions, it was a bit surreal, very humbling experience at times quite amusing and uplifting.

Yeah, I remember sitting to next to a blind guy up at McDiarmid Park, and he was getting a running commentary from the guy next to him, who at one point says "and Smith is running up the wing and Arthur Numan goes in for a tackle and the ref has blown for a free kick" at which point the blind guy stands up, points and shouts "that was never a foul, ref." :D

Amusing and surreal, as you say,

Yeah, I remember sitting to next to a blind guy up at McDiarmid Park, and he was getting a running commentary from the guy next to him, who at one point says "and Smith is running up the wing and Arthur Numan goes in for a tackle and the ref has blown for a free kick" at which point the blind guy stands up, points and shouts "that was never a foul, ref." :D

Amusing and surreal, as you say,

Was there not a clip of a blind guy at QPR waving his white cane at the linesman going about last season? Brilliant. Surreal, but brilliant.