Rangers set to discover soon if they can keep Arsenal kid Gedion Zelalem...

I agree that the goals and assists stats are only one measure of value but wouldn't you agree that a certain Andy Murdoch "rarely loses the ball, makes intelligent passes and normally finds himself to receive the ball again and recycle" but he can't even get in the squad this season.

We need players in midfield who make a difference, Zelalem doesn't make a difference IMHO; Law did last season and Shiels has shown this season that he can do likewise. Zelalem may be more technically gifted than either Law or Shiels but they add more value to the team IMO.

Murdoch is a holding midfielder and would be opposition for Halliday and not Zalalem so that is mixing apples with pears. Murdoch is also far too slow for this system imo.

That 6.5k is unfair and a nonsense as Shiels and Law are both earning more. We also need a squad of players and not just 2 midfielders. Can we replace Zalalem with the same quality for 6.5 k is a fairer question. I doubt we can and the lad was brought here to grow. We know he is not the finished article but he has to be given a chance to grow. Does that mean he should be a first pick? No it doesen't.

But we can lose his wage. Or save it and play one of the others that have to get it regardless.

So its pertinent and fair.

But we can lose his wage. Or save it and play one of the others that have to get it regardless.

So its pertinent and fair.

No it is not as we would need to replace him with another squad player. We would not be saving a wage. I have seen nobody in the reserves with the same ability unless trialist☺is up to that standard.

No it is not as we would need to replace him with another squad player. We would not be saving a wage. I have seen nobody in the reserves with the same ability unless trialist☺is up to that standard.

We can replace him from law and Shiels. I am sure the reserves can sit on the bench with the best of them.

So reading between the lines some don't agree with the magic hat? It's a split zela/oduwa v shiels /law? After suffering the latter two for last 2 years im with the magic hat...

The jury is out on Oduwa with me as I see him spoiling rather than creating but contrary to what I posted before I can see him coming off the bench to offer something different in 0-0 situations.

We started the season with Oduwa and Zelalem, if hope we can finish with the too. We've won eleven league games in a row, both of them helped in that, yes some of the early form has dipped a little. But i'm confident when they get their second wind, they will help the team to a good winning margin.

Edited by aweebluesoandso