A Tactically Astute Performance Let Down By Poor Finishing

Don't exactly think that we played with 3 at the back, rather that Ball actually took over the defensive midfield role in a way that Halliday never did. Can't blame the manager for that either*, as the errors that cost the game came from individuals you would expect to handle these situations. From the looks of it, Wilson was sure not at it and got removed. Then again, Hibs weren't exactly tearing us to shreds. Another basic error for their second. Part and parcel of the game. We do it, others do it. We primarily let ourselves down with not taking our opportunities (again), a cardinal sin in this game. Right now, this needs more adjustment than changing tactics that much.

* I would expect that they already trained that way, but you would not exactly try it out away at Hibs. Of course, against better opposition in the cups, we simple need to be defensively more sound and somewhere you've got to start it.

NB: A bit disappointed that Shiels gets less game time than Clark and Oduwa.

That's what it looked like it would be, but Halliday was playing quite deep and Ball was on the left, so it had to be a 3 at the back? I agree, finishing let us down, and individual mistakes. Wilson is a tad too slow for dealing with counter-attacks; he was also beaten far too easily for the goal.

When we played Hibs the first time this season, we were poor in the first half but found our groove in the second and destroyed them. From that point on we were playing quite swashbuckling football, constantly on the offense with quick paced passing and moving, as well as overlapping fullbacks. We aren't playing anything like that anymore, and therein lies the problem, for me.

Maybe our team just isn't that great and they cannot keep up the same intensity all season. If Tavernier was capable of playing like he was earlier in the season week in week out, you would imagine he would still be playing in England. Performing to a decent level consistently in the Scottish Championship shouldn't be too difficult though for any half decent player though.

My mate's take on it was...........MW took off a centre half and we lost a goal from a corner scored by Hibs CH. He reckons that was a wrong decision

Hindsight is a wonderful thing CS and if we kept clark on he might have scored a hatrick lol

My mate's take on it was...........MW took off a centre half and we lost a goal from a corner scored by Hibs CH. He reckons that was a wrong decision

There is no saying we wouldn't have lost a goal from open play had Wilson remained on the pitch - he really was that bad on Sunday.

How do you know Craig? We created next to nothing in the first half

I saw enough of Clark to know that the only way he would have scored is if it had bounced off him. The only touches he had all 1st half were when he tried to control the ball and saw it bounce 5 yards away from him.

I saw enough of Clark to know that the only way he would have scored is if it had bounced off him. The only touches he had all 1st half were when he tried to control the ball and saw it bounce 5 yards away from him.

Hes an honest trier,thats all he is.