Rangers striker Kenny Miller throws down title gauntlet to old club Hibs...

...Match us if you can.

MILLER is unsure if Hibs can last the pace but says even if they keep up their good run of form it's immaterial to Mark Warburton's side.

KENNY MILLER last night threw down the gauntlet to Hibs and challenged them to match Rangers stride for stride in the race for the Championship title.

Alan Stubbs’s men dragged themselves to within five points of the leaders with a 2-1 win at Easter Road on Sunday .

But Miller believes Hibs – where he started his career – will have to maintain their current form for the rest of the season to have any chance of gaining the

automatic promotion spot.

The Gers striker said: “They had a poor start to the league but have shown a

level of consistency recently that they probably didn’t show last season.

“Can they keep up a challenge? Who knows? When you get yourselves up for a big game and get the result, the next match is vital because you have to back it up.

“Time will tell with them but for us it is immaterial what they do.

“We are approaching every game to win it. If we do that, we win the league – it’s as simple as that. If Hibs can sustain their form and do that as well then fair play to them.

“But we are only looking at getting back on track against Alloa at Ibrox on Saturday and after that looking forward to the next game.”

Miller missed the weekend clash with a leg injury but should be available on Saturday. But having watched from the stand on Sunday, he doesn’t believe losing one match is anything to be concerned about.

He said: “Hibs came at us, so it was no coincidence that we probably played a bit better than we had done in the previous couple of weeks.

“I was watching from the sidelines and think that was a higher level than we’ve played for the last month or so, even though we lost the game.

“You can play the best football in the world and on the day still lose, that’s the nature of the game.

“I don’t feel we deserved to lose. Did we do enough to win? On another day we might have done.

“It was a great game, two good teams going at it but on the day they took their chances.

“It’s done now and we won’t be dwelling on it too much. We’ll be looking forward to Alloa at the weekend to make sure we get right back on track.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-striker-kenny-miller-throws-6764329

The comments are fair enough but I'd rather Miller and the rest of the squad kept their feelings about other clubs private.

What's more important is that our attitude is correct and we don't give Hibs the chance to get any closer during this season. It's vital we take three points this Saturday and show every team in the league we're still the favourites to win the Championship.

Timing, content, and the person delivering it are all a joke. The sooner we get rid of deadwood like Miller the sooner we can move forward. The time to throw down a title challenge is not the day after they beat you, especially on the run Hibs are on just now which is deserving of a title contender tag. Credit where it is due, and that is to Hibs and not to Miller.

Timing, content, and the person delivering it are all a joke. The sooner we get rid of deadwood like Miller the sooner we can move forward. The time to throw down a title challenge is not the day after they beat you, especially on the run Hibs are on just now which is deserving of a title contender tag. Credit where it is due, and that is to Hibs and not to Miller.

I tend to just get behind the team/players/management, W&W know what they are doing and I will put my faith in them before anyone posting on a forum,me included.We are also on a good run,so much so we are sitting 5 points ahead at the top of the league and suffered our first defeat, from Hibs in three matches,in the league this season.Lots to be confident about and much to look forward to compared to previous seasons. Miller makes fair points so therefore he is correct.

I tend to just get behind the team/players/management, W&W know what they are doing and I will put my faith in them before anyone posting on a forum,me included.We are also on a good run,so much so we are sitting 5 points ahead at the top of the league and suffered our first defeat, from Hibs in three matches,in the league this season.Lots to be confident about and much to look forward to compared to previous seasons. Miller makes fair points so therefore he is correct.

I dont disagree with much of that Ian, but there is a time and a place to come out with stuff like that, and it is badly mistimed after we got beaten by Hibs, who have answered all questions asked of them since the Allan saga was finalised. I take issue with Miller because he has been a complete wage thief since his return - done absolutely nothing last year (like most of them) and has been abysmal this year, so we dont need to be giving Hibs further notice board ammunition from one of our worst players. Miller should concentrate on getting his own game in order and not the media whore he so loves to be.