Nicky Clark spends a night in the cells

Sorry if you thought I was being patronising, it was simply a suggestion. If nothing else, being a nosey basturt at a trial can be very interesting. Apologies.

I also know that judgements and opinions of the police formed by members of the public can be genuine and honest after a bad experience having called the police but often people hate the police because they've been given a traffic ticket for being on their phone, or been caught urinating or because they lifted their mate for fighting outside the dancing.

Not for one second do I think the police are blameless but it is my opinion that the COPFS are horrendous, especially the mob in the sherrifdom where I cover. Unorganised, lazy and under prepared doesn't come close.

And Craig, like I said above, never once have I suggested, said or thought that the police are indefensible. I know how we work, I know how the Chief Constable operates and I know the corners that are sometimes cut BUT i also know the many good things done by the police that doesn't become public knowledge but we'll always be cunts to some people because we ruin their 'fun'.

The fiscal doesn't charge anyone. A pet hate of mine is when people, usually drunks come up to me and say "I'm going to charge him for assault." No. You make the complaint and the police do the charging.

And I can believe story you made reference to Mazza. It's amazing and often embarrassing the heights a Sergeant and Inspector will jump when senior management become involved.

Yeah that makes sense. I've only ever been stopped by police once and it was at one of those random car check things. I'm an angel me ;)

I genuinely don't hate the police - not in the UK anyway. I'm mostly grateful that we don't have US style police forces as they do seem to think they can be judge, jury and executioner.

I think it's one of those topics where it's hard to see clearly. In the main, the police do a tough & often thankless job. I can't imagine it's fun to police certain stupid laws, but that is also why I'm glad police don't make the laws as such. Being too close to situations can make you react differently.