Brothers jailed for brutal attack...

Gerry Martin

‏@SubmariCSC

@TheEveningTimes @AngelaHaggerty So,2 crests.a mentions was on 'an old firm matchday'.But won't say it was Celtic fan battered by hun thugs

Is this in relation to the article you posted Ian ? Funny.... it was most definitely Celtic fans - I remember the reporting at the time, the guy nearly died FFS !

Is this in relation to the article you posted Ian ? Funny.... it was most definitely Celtic fans - I remember the reporting at the time, the guy nearly died FFS !

Other papers manged to report the incident without omitting any facts:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/horrific-injuries-dad-left-fighting-6808220

Don't worry, I'm sure Angela will clear up any inaccuracies....

Other papers manged to report the incident without omitting any facts:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/horrific-injuries-dad-left-fighting-6808220

Don't worry, I'm sure Angela will clear up any inaccuracies....

I'm not sure I agree about not omitting any facts..... seems to me the only thing we know is that the victim was a Rangers fan.

Had the victim been a Celtic fan it can be almost assured that an attempt would be made to link the perpetrators to Rangers, no matter how insignificant the link.

Was this a random attack ? Was it an attack by opposing fans ? From the mirror article we still don't know. The only thing we know with certainty is that it happened on an Old Firm game day and the victim was a Bear. The reporting in the mirror article leaves a bit to be desired, even though they give more detail than the OP article.

Aye mate,but he has since retracted this as he admitted he was wrong,however this was my original point in bad reporting

Shocking attack aside*, the point here remains that it seems that a certain club has the media under the cosh when it comes to certain reports, even if it is as clear cut as here. It would take the reporters about 30 secs to verify which team the attackers support. But no, this paper (again, but there are others) gives no indication after this shocking attack and verdict. By writing Old Firm the uneducated/-knowing reader has a 50/50 chance guessing the correct team. It is at best misleading.

How Mrs. Haggerty can hold any public job or write for a paper is quite beyond me.

* There is essentially no debate needed on this, no matter what sort of people are involved.

Shocking attack aside*, the point here remains that it seems that a certain club has the media under the cosh when it comes to certain reports, even if it is as clear cut as here. It would take the reporters about 30 secs to verify which team the attackers support. But no, this paper (again, but there are others) gives no indication after this shocking attack and verdict. By writing Old Firm the uneducated/-knowing reader has a 50/50 chance guessing the correct team. It is at best misleading.

How Mrs. Haggerty can hold any public job or write for a paper is quite beyond me.

* There is essentially no debate needed on this, no matter what sort of people are involved.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment..... in her defense this time she never posted anything, but rather was the recipient of the accusing posts.

It was a serious question!,I forgot about this attack,but aye it should be clear when reporting such disgusting attacks

Ian, that's why I said 'not to be rude'. I wasn't saying it wasn't a serious question, I was asking why it mattered.