Rangers Query SFA On Falkirk Penalty!

It was on the referees diagonal, so it was nothing to do with the linesman in terms of the actual decision, although the linesman appeared to agree/confirm by moving quickly to the bye line thus indicating in his opinion it was inside the box or possibly he was just doing what he perceived as the "right thing" if he wasn't sure by supporting the referee's decision.

I was more or less in line with it and at first it looked like a penalty to me but on the replay you can see the foul is just outside the box and the player's momentum carries him into the box.

It was the referee's shout and he got it wrong, it was marginal, it wasn't an "appalling decision". It was close but the referee was wrong.

What Warburton should have said was that if we had taken our chances and defended better, it wouldn't have mattered.

We should be dignified and magnaminous in defeat and not parrot what others have done in the past.

It was not "just" outside the box as you put it, it was 2-3 YARDS outside the box and it was an outrageously bad decision from a referee with plenty of previous errors to his name. I see he got slated again yesterday for his performance at Pittodrie. His awarding of a penalty to us in the last minute was also a bad decision. He is a really bad referee and I cannot believe he will be taking part in the Euros, representing our country there. I see we have Bobby Madden tomorrow for Hibs visit, that worries me also.

There's no point in football anymore. We'd be as well saying we will be the only club in the world which doesn't have players who will dive.

I do think that Rangers should set our own high standards and challenge others to reach them, whining about a refereeing mistake whe we've had more than a few bad days at the office recently, doesn't cut it for me.

Pathetic though it is the sans pareil administration of football in general & Scottish football in particular means that grown up behaviour is not only ineffectual but actually harmful. I don't like it any more than you do but that's the reality.

I'm sorry but that's a bit too difficult a concept for me. To which "grown up behaviour" are you referring, in what way is it harmful and what is it exactly that you don't like about it?

It was not "just" outside the box as you put it, it was 2-3 YARDS outside the box and it was an outrageously bad decision from a referee with plenty of previous errors to his name. I see he got slated again yesterday for his performance at Pittodrie. His awarding of a penalty to us in the last minute was also a bad decision. He is a really bad referee and I cannot believe he will be taking part in the Euros, representing our country there. I see we have Bobby Madden tomorrow for Hibs visit, that worries me also.

I think the angle is really deceptive on this one and perhaps I need to head back to specsavers but it didn't look to be more than a foot or two at most outside to me. But no argument about it being a bad decision. I also agree that on the Rangers penalty, you cannot see from the camera angle if the Falkirk no.8 handles and since the referee was in a similar position I doubt he could see it clearly either. Only a camera behind the goal would have shown it.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Refs should never give a penalty unless they are 100 % certain,it wasn't even close to a penalty!

Obviously he WAS certain and the linesman backed him up by going to the bye line, which is the indication that he considers it was inside the box.

I've watched it countless times, thanks Ian.

From the angle I was at, I and most people around me thought it was a penalty resulting from an unnecessary and poor tackle. When you see it at first on the replay it looks quite a bit outside and on the close up it IS outside but not by much. The referee was close but almost directly behind, so not the best angle to judge. I think he was fooled by the fact that both players ended up inside the box. The fact that Wilson is on the ground with his left, tackling foot well inside the box MAY have been the deciding factor. The linesman on the far side is about 50 yards away, there are two players obscuring his view and he is also watching for offside.

I'm not making excuses for them just pointing out the practicalities; it was a wrong decison; but bad decisons happen; we may or may not have got lucky at the end of the game when one came our way. Their penalty is much more significant because we missed ours. If we had scored then it would be a different story.

But Falkirk won the game at the beginning of the second half when Mark Kerr was dictating play from the centre circle and despite Law's valient efforts late on, we couldn't get level.

We need to start v Hibs the way we finished v Falkirk.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

.... I see we have Bobby Madden tomorrow for Hibs visit, that worries me also.

Seems to be a concern to their fans as well...

The Scottish Professional Football League have now announced the Match Day officials that will take charge of the game against Rangers this Monday.

Hibernian travel to Rangers on Monday December 28 for the game at Ibrox and the match carries a 3pm kick off for screening on BT Sport.

Referee: Bobby Madden

Match Day referee Madden is yet to officiate a Hibernian game this season.

He has however already taken in nineteen other matches so far in 2015-16 and in those games, across all competitions and football divisions, he has handed out a total of 68 yellow cards and four red cards.

He was most card happy in the match between Queen of the South and Rangers in August with a total of eight yellows and one red being shown.

Let`s hope it`s not another repeat and more of our players edge closer to automatic bans.

http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=427624

With respect to BH I was directly in line when the Wilson tackle was made and could not believe the decision by Columb and also thought it was a joke when he handed us a penalty at the end he is a total incompetent and how he is going to Euro finals is beyond me.

The report on Madden was taken I think from a Hibz article,it is his first handling of one of their games,l hope he keeps the game flowing and does not hold things up while boot laces are re-tied!!!!.

Edited by MacK1950

I think the angle is really deceptive on this one and perhaps I need to head back to specsavers but it didn't look to be more than a foot or two at most outside to me. But no argument about it being a bad decision. I also agree that on the Rangers penalty, you cannot see from the camera angle if the Falkirk no.8 handles and since the referee was in a similar position I doubt he could see it clearly either. Only a camera behind the goal would have shown it.

Post #143 in the match thread. Such a bad decision, had it happened to a certain other club, it would have taken over the papers/phone-ins for days calling the ref all sorts and ensuring he never got another of their games for weeks, and that team never got another dodgy decision against them for weeks.

Apart from the terrible error in awarding a penalty, he then went on to 'even up' the score by awarding us one.

Now if he was 100% believing his first decision was bang on, then at what point did he realise his mistake? Was it during the half-time break? Must have been.

Ref's should be banned from watching video replays until AFTER the game is over to stop them from trying to 'even up' their blunders. We are fuming at his boob, Falkirk fans would have been raging if we had scored from what can only be described as 'a cheating ref'!