Did this happen? Morton game

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/14163424.Morton_chairman_blasts_Rangers_fans__behaviour/?ref=fbshr

MORTON chairman Douglas Rae has hit out at the Rangers fans who he says hurled objects including a Buckfast bottle into the away section at Ibrox a fortnight ago.

According to the Golden Casket chief, items including coins, pies, golf balls and the tonic wine container all rained down on the Ton travelling support as their side claimed a surprise 2-2 draw in Govan.

Writing in his programme notes for the match with Raith, he said: “Regrettably we were unable to hold onto our lead when Rangers equalised with five or six minutes of the match remaining.

“It was still a wonderful day, one which I am sure will be fondly remembered for a long, long time. Our match with Rangers was the first match at Ibrox this season that Rangers did not win.

“Regrettably, some Rangers fans were not at all pleased and resorted to pelting the Morton fans with coins, pies, Bovril, and even golf balls.

“In addition, a Buckfast bottle was hurled into the Morton section which missed a young Morton fan by inches. That was a sad end to an exciting match.”

Chief executive Gillian Donaldson confirmed the club had contacted Rangers and Police Scotland regarding the incidents in question.

She told the Tele: “We were contacted by a couple of supporters regarding incidents that took place during the Rangers game. We followed them up with both Police Scotland, who are investigating the matter, and Rangers, who have advised that they are reviewing procedures.

“We, as a club, have also offered any help and support we can to them regarding the incidents.”

“In addition, a Buckfast bottle was hurled into the Morton section which missed a young Morton fan by inches. That was a sad end to an exciting match.”

A young boy ? What, no women or disabled people nearby ? I smell garbage.

I know Douglas Rae, he's a decent man. I've no idea if this incident happened or not, and neither does he, he's going by what a couple of supporters have told him. A couple of members of his family were in the away end during the match though.