Rangers to appeal McGregor Red Card

Can anyone tell me, was the Hapoel player booked ?, cos i can't remember,if not then surely that is an argument in the defence of our keeper, he must have done something to cause Alan to react :confused:

I doubt that it could be construed as evidence Ian - Not every action is the result of someone else's action.

There is no way UEFA would let McGregor off just because the other player didn't get booked.

I doubt that it could be construed as evidence Ian - Not every action is the result of someone else's action.

There is no way UEFA would let McGregor off just because the other player didn't get booked.

I understand what you are saying craig, but normally when two players square up to each other both are dealt with, if Alan did anything to justify his sending off then he deserves what he gets,but considering the circumstances the Hapoel player must have done something to provoke a reaction ?

I understand what you are saying craig, but normally when two players square up to each other both are dealt with, if Alan did anything to justify his sending off then he deserves what he gets,but considering the circumstances the Hapoel player must have done something to provoke a reaction ?

I know what you are saying too Ian but your defence of McGregor is based on an assumption (you are assuming that if McGregor did something to justify being sent off then it was because the other player must have done something first).

UEFA won't act on assumptions, which is a shame because I have HUGE doubts that given a Gers goal had just been scored at the other end that the linesman that "saw" the incident was even looking at what was happening between McGregor and the other player.

Sadly, the ref took action on the night based, IMO, on what the linesman ASSUMED happened - however, after the game there is no way UEFA will act based on assumed events.