Rangers to appeal McGregor Red Card

Rangers to defend McGregor

Gers To Defend McGregor

UEFA has confirmed today that Allan McGregor has received a one-match ban for his sending off during last night's 4-0 victory over Hapoel Tel Aviv but Rangers' Chief Executive Martin Bain says the club will fight to clear the keeper's name.

Chief Executive Martin BainMcGregor was red-carded just seconds after Barry Ferguson scored Rangers' third goal when confronted by Hapoel player Luciano de Bruno although Bain has revealed to rangers.co.uk that the club is mounting a staunch defence of McGregor ahead of next Wednesday's UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body meeting.

He said: "We were very disappointed with Allan's ordering off last night. He is adamant he never made any contact with the player and we back him fully.

"The club will put forward its case to UEFA early next week and we hope to convince the Disciplinary Body of his innocence.

"Allan's red card spoiled what was a terrific evening for the club. Our fans were magnificent from the first whistle and it's a shame such an occasion was marred by what we consider to be a poor decision."

Mentioned this in the poll thread, however thought i'd give it it's own thread with the link and quote posted so it didn't get lost in the otehr thread.

There's a Rangers fan e-mail on the official site saying he witnessed the whole incident, don't know if anybody has heard what happened, but according to this fan Alan had the ball in his hands and the Hapoel player ran to him gesturing for the ball, Alan turned round placed the ball on the ground and headed towards his goal, the Hapoel player then ran and blasted the ball which flew over Alans head, Alan turned round and stood his ground as they went chest to chest, this is when the Hapoel player fell to the ground holding his face," CHEATING ". However if Rangers don't have video evidence then i expect the worse for Alan. Regarding Klos playing, IMO he should only play in europe.

Guest grovecot
There's a Rangers fan e-mail on the official site saying he witnessed the whole incident, don't know if anybody has heard what happened, but according to this fan Alan had the ball in his hands and the Hapoel player ran to him gesturing for the ball, Alan turned round placed the ball on the ground and headed towards his goal, the Hapoel player then ran and blasted the ball which flew over Alans head, Alan turned round and stood his ground as they went chest to chest, this is when the Hapoel player fell to the ground holding his face," CHEATING ". However if Rangers don't have video evidence then i expect the worse for Alan. Regarding Klos playing, IMO he should only play in europe.

I donned my full-body condom and waded in to the fetid swamp of 'follow follow' earlier. I saw a comment on the incident that was very well written AND charming, as follows:

Was in line with the incident (almost) in the Club Deck and although some distance from it (obviously :roll: ) I can state categorically that McGregor laid not one centimetre of his napper or his hands on the diving Yiddish-type-person.

It was a "chesty".

Imagine two macho-types puffing out their chests at one another and you've got the picture.

That was it. End of.

Said Yiddish-type-cheat then took a swan-dive clutching his boat race.

I'll be happy to say as much at the European Court of Goalkeepers Rights. :D

However, it seems that one anti-racist group caught the whole incident on their phone and have published their evidence on youtube.com:

Guest MichaelMols

Never saw the incident myself as I was too busy jumping about like a lunatic after our goal! :)

But I've heard from others (non Rangers supporting people I may add) that McGregor punched him, kicked him and I've heard that he butted him.

Load of shite.