Premiership All time XI

http://boards.live.com/UKNewsboards/thread.aspx?ThreadID=205837

Probably the most difficult team to ever pick is a prem XI. Some of the teams in that link are unreal. Its difficult to say if Gazza can be included. Yes on his day he would be in the team but he didnt ever do it in the Prem, it was SPL and Serie A that he did it, so should he be in the team.

Schmiechel is in goal - hands down but Seaman isnt far behind him. You could be here all day naming teams and players who were superb but if you need the best XI only while at there peak in the EPL then this is my team:

_____________Schmeichel____________

Neville_____Adams____Terry___Winterburn

Gerrard____Keane_____Vieira_____Giggs

___________Henry____Shearer_______

http://boards.live.com/UKNewsboards/thread.aspx?ThreadID=205837

Probably the most difficult team to ever pick is a prem XI. Some of the teams in that link are unreal. Its difficult to say if Gazza can be included. Yes on his day he would be in the team but he didnt ever do it in the Prem, it was SPL and Serie A that he did it, so should he be in the team.

Schmiechel is in goal - hands down but Seaman isnt far behind him. You could be here all day naming teams and players who were superb but if you need the best XI only while at there peak in the EPL then this is my team:

_____________Schmeichel____________

Neville_____Adams____Terry___Winterburn

Gerrard____Keane_____Vieira_____Giggs

___________Henry____Shearer_______

Agree with that team with the exception of Terry. He's only been a regular afor about 4/5 season so I think his inclusion is debatable. I reckon Hyppia or Carragher are ahead of him.

Agree with that team with the exception of Terry. He's only been a regular afor about 4/5 season so I think his inclusion is debatable. I reckon Hyppia or Carragher are ahead of him.

It was a tough one mate, i originally had Desailly next to Adams but Terry over the last 3 years has been awesome in the same mould as Adams. So he nicks it for me

Its such a hard decision, the likes of Zola, Cantona, Scholes, Desailly, Ginola, Seaman, Bergkamp, Sheringham, etc get left out........... But you cant argue with me team unless you say Gascoigne played in the league but then id say he didnt do it there!!

But would you not be picking Lehmann ahead of Schmeichel...... ;):P

Hehe!!

Craig - your team sir?? U agree with me??

I find it very hard to disagree with your team Gribz - maybe I just have a personal dislike to Neville but I think I would possibly go for Lee Dixon (or was he pre-EPL ?).

Terry will definitely eventually be in the EPL all-time team but he hasn't been in it long enough yet to be in the team (IMO). I don't know who I would pick though, maybe Bruce ?

The other thing is that I would be tempted to take Vieira out and put Cantona in - have Keane as the holding midfielder and Cantona as the attacking mid. Vieira and Keane are too similar of a player to be in the same team.

But I am thinking that this isn't what this X1 is all about.

I find it very hard to disagree with your team Gribz - maybe I just have a personal dislike to Neville but I think I would possibly go for Lee Dixon (or was he pre-EPL ?).

Terry will definitely eventually be in the EPL all-time team but he hasn't been in it long enough yet to be in the team (IMO). I don't know who I would pick though, maybe Bruce ?

The other thing is that I would be tempted to take Vieira out and put Cantona in - have Keane as the holding midfielder and Cantona as the attacking mid. Vieira and Keane are too similar of a player to be in the same team.

But I am thinking that this isn't what this X1 is all about.

You think like me mate!! Lee Dixon was close to being my RB and Desailly ahead of Terry. But no Cantona - Keane was better and more effective in midfield along with Vieira and then nobody beats Henry and Shearer upfront hands down

You think like me mate!! Lee Dixon was close to being my RB and Desailly ahead of Terry. But no Cantona - Keane was better and more effective in midfield along with Vieira and then nobody beats Henry and Shearer upfront hands down

I know what you are saying about Keane and Vieira but my argument is that they are too similar to play beside each other and both too defence minded.

I like to have one attacking mid and one holding mid - Keane would definitely be my holding mid but I would put Cantona in instead of Vieira. Gascoigne would run Cantona close as well though - even though he played much of his career outside the EPL he was still quality whilst at Newcastle and Spurs and still had flashes of genius when at Everton and Middlesborough !

All about opinions though, right ?