Zelalem in top 50 U20 in world

25 i believe. Yet he escapes criticism along with shiels and quite a few others for their performances yesterday while a 19 year old gets most of the ire. For me the 19 year old should be the one getting the benefit of the doubt

I'm not having a go at zalalem over his performance yesterday. I didn't see it and some people seem to think it was good.

Giving him game time is pointless he doesn't worry the opposition and the player he might be in 5 years is irrelevant. I'm glad he's dropped. I'd rather he wasn't on the bench but I can handle that.

Might be he's an ok sub.

Once Holt and Halliday are back he should be about 6th choice by my reasoning.

Which seems about right.

I have to say I can't see him ever being a player at epl level but young kids can come on fast. It's hard to tell. I wouldn't write that off. He has a great touch and works hard. Or rather moves a lot . Which in fairness is more than a lot can say.

If he's really costing us upwards of 6k a week it's very very poor value for money.

He's a tidy player. That's pretty unspectacular. He slows us down. Is abominable in the final third at creating or scoring. His defensive work is positively cowardly at times and poor more often than not.

So what do you call a center mid that's really bad at attacking and defending.

A waste imho.

A well reasoned and balance view IMHO.

For what it's worth I counted his first dozen or so passes yesterday, 5 of the first 6 were forward, one of which was intercepted but 5 of his next 6 were backwards one of which went astray.

He simply does not make telling passes and we saw again yesterday that he has no composure whatsoever in shooting situations, so how Pete can say he changed the game is beyond me.

Right now it's costing us £6,500 a week to develop a player for Arsenal to loan or sell to some other team for next season and at the same time he is preventing us from developing our own talented CMF player Jordan Thompson.

This makes no sense to me at all.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

25 i believe. Yet he escapes criticism along with shiels and quite a few others for their performances yesterday while a 19 year old gets most of the ire. For me the 19 year old should be the one getting the benefit of the doubt

Forrester has played 89 minutes in 3 games and has not shown me anything to indicate why he is here or suggest that he is going to make any difference to us whatsoever.

Forrester has played 89 minutes in 3 games and has not shown me anything to indicate why he is here or suggest that he is going to make any difference to us whatsoever.

agree with that. Don't understand why we are wasting money on wages for a third choice keeper either. This window seems a bit of a waste all round except of course for billy!

How does any of that relate to zalalem.

how does it not?

We need to get used to players who are not the finished article and have parts of their game that is not up to scratch. That's just part of being a young player. That goes for loans or academy players.

MW has talked often about the fact we will continue to bring in young loan players and how through the loans we have we must demonstrate our ability as a club to develop them and how their use is part of his strategy moving forward.

Zelalem will be one of the top young players we will see. At that age they don't get much better especially in such an important role

how does it not?

We need to get used to players who are not the finished article and have parts of their game that is not up to scratch. That's just part of being a young player. That goes for loans or academy players.

MW has talked often about the fact we will continue to bring in young loan players and how through the loans we have we must demonstrate our ability as a club to develop them and how their use is part of his strategy moving forward.

Zelalem will be one of the top young players we will see. At that age they don't get much better especially in such an important role

Perfectly happy if players we own aren't the finished article.

Very unhappy if other teams players are poss poor.

Perfectly happy if players we own aren't the finished article.

Very unhappy if other teams players are poss poor.

agree with that but doubt any of our youth are close to his standard

Would like to see thompson given a try he looked the part but there must be something MW is not sure about, seen MW say the other day he would like to send him on loan if we can get cover in