Zelalem in top 50 U20 in world

Don't understand why we are wasting money on wages for a third choice keeper either.

I suppose the rationale is that if Bell does not fully recover or is sold or loaned to another team then we need experienced cover but in our financial position this seems to me to be a step even beyond the luxury of coaching Zelalem for Arsenal.

Maybe I look at games in a too positive light but I actually thought Forrester done quite a lot of good things yesterday. For me Law and Shiels and Miller were the biggest culprits for our poor performance and possibly the more defensive play of Ball. Maybe that wasn't a bad thing though as we walked into sucker punches in the last game.

A well reasoned and balance view IMHO.

For what it's worth I counted his first dozen or so passes yesterday, 5 of the first 6 were forward, one of which was intercepted but 5 of his next 6 were backwards one of which went astray.

He simply does not make telling passes and we saw again yesterday that he has no composure whatsoever in shooting situations, so how Pete can say he changed the game is beyond me.

Right now it's costing us £6,500 a week to develop a player for Arsenal to loan or sell to some other team for next season and at the same time he is preventing us from developing our own talented CMF player Jordan Thompson.

This makes no sense to me at all.

How did Law play ??

For what it's worth I counted his first dozen or so passes yesterday, 5 of the first 6 were forward, one of which was intercepted but 5 of his next 6 were backwards one of which went astray.

He simply does not make telling passes and we saw again yesterday that he has no composure whatsoever in shooting situations, so how Pete can say he changed the game is beyond me.

Right now it's costing us £6,500 a week to develop a player for Arsenal to loan or sell to some other team for next season and at the same time he is preventing us from developing our own talented CMF player Jordan Thompson.

Ah yes, the Zelalem fault-finders.

He made backward passes? So what. So did most of the team. If there isn't a forward pass on, what do you expect him to do? WTF has the direction of a pass taken in isolation go to do with anything?

How sad is it that you spend your time analysing the passes of a Rangers player so that you can come on here and criticise him. :(

Ah yes, the Zelalem fault-finders.

He made backward passes? So what. So did most of the team. If there isn't a forward pass on, what do you expect him to do? WTF has the direction of a pass taken in isolation go to do with anything?

How sad is it that you spend your time analysing the passes of a Rangers player so that you can come on here and criticise him. :(

And you can guarantee that BH will happily gloss over any and all faults of Nicky Law.....

why is zelalem beyond critisism? he hasnt made a telling pass in months. same with law. the opposition must love it when either is on the ball as they know they will do f all with it. they bring nothing to the table and i look forward to the day when they arent an option any more.

He changed the game because we retained the ball more and easier. When you are counting all these passes do you take into consideration if there is a forward pass on. We are set up in a 4-3-3 so that means we only have 1 man centrally in the box normally covered by 2 defenders. If McKay has the ball out wide then Wallace bombs past him giving McKay a forward option. He does not do that as often if a central midfielder has the ball. Do you take into account that the backward pass can lead to an assist by a better positioned player.You can throw these statistics round but they mean nothing unless you look at the whole situation. If he had passed all the backward balls forward then you would be moaning he passed 12 forward and lost the ball on most of them. If you want to see only forward passes then go and watch a team as we had last season with big punts up the park. When watching Barcelona the next time, count how many backward passes there are. It is called retaining the ball. I am not saying he is brilliant but he is not near as bad as you make out which lyes more on your football insight rather than him playing that bad in my opinion.

Edited by pete

is 50% of passes going forward from the player in the att mid position which is typically very crowded not good? Especially when you are lumping in side way passes to our fullbacks as backwards

does that not equal 83% retention of the ball with 41% going forward and finding a man