Rangers First Election

I understand that such high profile figures as Richard Gough, Rev Stuart McQuarrie and ex MP Brian Donohoe are vying for positions on the candidates list alongside some existing RF Board Members.

I am sure the Club would welcome the election of the former two at least and their eventual election to the unified fans' Board.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I dont understand why these three would want to be part of an independent fans group board. Gough is never here and is too close to King to be independent. If a scenario arises where the board needs criticised, Gough is not going to criticise King. I hope the joint RF/RST board are full of paying punters and not just trying to get in names that will get them column inches in the untrustable media.

Neither RF or RST has done anything but good in the last year/18 months so they deserve some leeway here, not forgetting this is just rumour at this time.

I dont understand why these three would want to be part of an independent fans group board. Gough is never here and is too close to King to be independent. If a scenario arises where the board needs criticised, Gough is not going to criticise King. I hope the joint RF/RST board are full of paying punters and not just trying to get in names that will get them column inches in the untrustable media.

Neither RF or RST has done anything but good in the last year/18 months so they deserve some leeway here, not forgetting this is just rumour at this time.

As you say it is hard to imagine why Richard Gough would want to stand in this election unless it was suggested to him by King as an eventual means of influencing the unified Fans' Board.

Equally one can hardly imagine the worthy Rev MacQuarrie jeopordising his seat in the Directors Box by ciriticising the establishment.

The "rumour" has been comfimed by two sources who are usually in tune with this type of event one of whom has expressed concerns to King and the other has been in contact with James Blair (himself of course a likely candidate).

Not a member of RF so no concern of mine. In a united fans group I would hope that none of them are anywhere near being board members.

i'm a member of both the RST and RF, I think there are some good, hard working and trust worthy candidates from both these organisations. All i ask is they make sure we the supporters get a good return for our financial investment. Not just the return in share options part, but with the return on our direct cash investment going to the club. Rich men put in their cash and get shares, seats in the directors box, hospitality etc., what exactly is the supporters getting in return?

Edited by aweebluesoandso